Torque Steer + TGP + Curb =.......Just look

BXX

I was just sitting up here in my apartment with the windows open, browsing the forum when I hear a loud screech and a crash. Needless to say, it scared the shit outta me :lol: I ran out to the window and what did I see, a TGP that just hammered a curb. I knew right away who the kid was because I talked to him a few times at AutoZone. I threw on my shoes, ran out to the Cutty and drove up to where he pulled in the driveway for my apartment complex. Both driver side tires were blown out and the front driver side rim was completely trashed. Of course I had a spare in my Cutty and he had one. I went and grabbed my jack and breaker bar outta my garage and started getting the front put on. Of course something seemed tweeked, but I though it was just the rim trashed. I was wrong. The pics kinda suck, but the rear of the control arm was shoved into the K-frame a inch and the K-frame was smashed in some as well. At first it was hard to tell since I couldn't get a good view of the rear A-arm mounting point, but then I noticed the sway bar was sticking out from the bushing way too far :willynilly: So then I knew something was up.

I was talking to him, and the poor kids grandma already had to loan him almost $3K since the PMIII failed and the crossover pipe cracked. Now his K-frame and control are are trashed.

'Scuse the pics, it was an hour ago and dark out. My GF's camera phone sucks.

Oh yeah, right before I got my tools and stuff to help him, Brusnwick PD rolls up with their lights on. All his friends that were in a car behind him ran to the car immediately are were about to leave. :lol: Damn paranoid kids... Luckily enough, the cop didn't write the kid for a ticket for wreckless op.. Just told him to slow down for now on.

All in all, I tried to get a fellow w-body owner driving to his house. But since the front end is shot, it had to be towed, at least it will be on 4 aired up tires so It can be moved around so it can be fixed easily

He pulled out of one of the entrences of the apartment complex on the other side of the road, when WOT an torque steer took over from him, he almost hit a tree, but when sideways and slammed a curb, and slammed it hard. The impact scared the hell outta me. It sounded like a front end collision..

Oh yeah, his front valance is trashed as well...

Yeah, because he is kinda broke. If i'm not mistaken he is still in debt over getting the PMIII fixed. I told him is he ever wants to sell it cheap, he knows where to find me... Especially since I am gonna tell the bank I have my loan through to go fly a kite and they can come and get my Cutlass.. I can find a 93 GP SE cheap and I will have a lot left in my pocket every pay since I wont have a car payment... So more money for more w-bodies :burnout: :burnout: I won't be happy until I own a TGP, GTP, SE, LE, and Base model GP's :lol:

holy shit that is fucked up, curbs will do alot of damage though. Bad Drivers :willynilly:

I wouldnt say bad driver, more like unexperienced. I made the comment to him "now you know what torque steer is like", he kinda chuckled and simply said, "yeah"...

The car is sitting up at a Marathon repair shop (I had to go up a bit ago and grab some smokes, and there it was) So I imagine it will be back on the road soon enough, or with a for sale sigh in it,

I hate to see how much they are gonna charge him. He is prolly gonna get ripped off pretty bad. I could have it fixed for $100 plus 4 hours of my labor. K-frames are easy to come by at junkyards, and they always give ya the control arms on them as well.

lol, wow. I did the same thing with my regal, only I was asking for it just messing around in a big parking lot in heavy rain. I understeered heavily and ran my rim into a curb at a 45 degree angle at about 10 mph. That's where I have that big dent in my bumper. It cost me quite a bit to have the front subframe and tie end rod replaced. The wheel was at a 3.6 degree angle and rubbing badly against the subframe on tight left turns. It's all better now though. :biggrin:

Granted I've neevr driven a TGP..but I've nevr driven any other FWD car that has uncontrollable torque steer...inxperience..and probably wasn't holding the fucking steering wheel.

Just to ask a dumb question, but wouldn't lifting off the gas be the best way to correct the situation?

ya

that sucks. and oh noes another valance to be found :willynilly: :lol: im sure he wouldnt have had a torque steer problem here cuz of the altitude. i drove a mercury capri xr2 and it had some good torque steer. took a while for it to boost up but when it did, it was crazy. of course, that was years ago and the first turbo car id ever driven.

Like I said, he is obviously unexperienced.

Once he got outta control, he couldn't correct himself... of course he didn't have much room of time. From the time I heard him peel outta the drive, it was maybe a second when he hit the curb and blew the tires...