Painted Interior/New Intake (Lots of Pics)

xtremerevolution

Just some updates on the work I've been doing on the Regal...

So after that weird rubbery stuff started peeling off on my center console, I decided I'd sand it all down and paint it black (from a medium gray) to match my exterior silver-black color scheme. I also replaced the piping on my intake so it wouldn't be so ghetto (from the aluminum dryer duct/home depot stuff I was previously using). Let me know what you guys think.

Dash/Console Repaint

IMG_6582.jpg

IMG_6575.jpg

IMG_6583.jpg

IMG_6584.jpg

IMG_6590.jpg

Door Panel Repaint

IMG_6585.jpg

IMG_6577.jpg

300mm RAZO Rearview Mirror

IMG_6591.jpg

The mirror basically snaps on top of the original one, and is much bigger. Its really quite convenient.

New Intake Hardware

IMG_6587.jpg

I need to rotate the piece the holds the air temperature sensor so the wire doesn't stretch as much, and I'll take a dremel to that "universal" mounting piece to cut off any edges I don't need and make it look better. Either way, the pipe is of very high quality, so I'm quite pleased.

most will not like the painted interior. i think it looks alright, im just glad you didnt paint it some bright ass green or neon blue, LOL!

and the intake looks worlds better. good job. :thumb:

ya interior paint looks ok, you should have taken a little more time to get the finish nicer, but all in all it does look good, i like the black. also that intake does look much better then it did before with the dryer hose on it. good job.

I hate that rubbery stuff! I have my interior painted a dark metallic red, it needs to be redone because of that rubbery stuff too. As much as I like my red, I'm sick of explaining myself to every dumb ass that wants to call me a ricer because of it, I too will be going to black, only with red and silver accents. What did you use for paint on your second attempt?

Intake looks much better too!

Jamie

Looks good to me...a tip for you: On your driver's door panel..if it is just dirty around the handle there use a mr. cleaner eraser very gently around the dirty areas and it'll come out sparkling clean.

As far as the paint goes, its pretty strong so it won't scratch off too easily. The finish could have been done better, but it would have taken a much longer time to get it more smoothed out. It has a bit of a rough look to it with a few scratches from the sander, so I don't mind. I wasn't going for a 2007 brand new car look anyway, just something better than peeling rubber.

As for the intake hose, it weighs more than you think; at least twice as much as the aluminum dryer hose weighed. Its extremely strong rubber/plastic with a metal coil structure. It acts like an extremely strong bendy straw (the kind they give kids with their soft drinks that also come in juice boxes). It's pretty stiff and require some effort to stretch out. Does the job quite well. Got it from Pep Boys for $20, and reaches 28 inches. I'd highly recommend it.

a few more coats would probably get most of the imperfections out. I used some cheap flat black paint (i had some leftover after fixing some rust on the truck) on some of my interior, and aside from the gouges in it before, it looks great with like 4 or 5 coats, no clear

those seats look dang comfy

I'm interested in how you built up that intake. What kind of tubing is that / where did you get it? Also, where can one buy that phenolic rubbery "grommet" stuff that you have between the throttle body and the IAT sensor?

I'm interested in how you built up that intake. What kind of tubing is that / where did you get it? Also, where can one buy that phenolic rubbery "grommet" stuff that you have between the throttle body and the IAT sensor?

As for the intake hose got it from Pep Boys for $20.

As for the intake hose got it from Pep Boys for $20.

Ooops.... thanks :redface:

Ha, awesome. :)

I actually only put 3 coats of semi-gloss for the interior. I'll probably take the stuff off some time later for another couple of coats, but that's about all I had time for when I was doing it. And yeah, the seats are VERY comfortable. Got them from Murrays/Kragen for $250 a pair. I had to fabricate some mounts for them, but they're extremely comfortable and they hold you in very well. I got the GSX logo for the seats off ebay.

That came from Pep Boys as well. The rubbery grommet stuff comes with the pieces you buy. One came with the tube and the other came with a 8" extension pipe, which I ended up not using. The clamps however came off of the old plumbing hardware I used for the last intake.

Oh yeah, and by the way, here's a preview of the pictures I'll post tomorrow. :cool:

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6605.jpg

IMG_6609.jpg

• 2 weeks later...