i hate part stores and i need help

acq

so the driver side door handle broke..ok common problem so ill go fix it call up the local napa and they want almost $300 for the handle cuz it was different from all the other w bodies and i was like f*ck that and i went to the junk yard and they said they didnt have any and that the door handle for the regal was different so i went and found one off a 93 gtp he said it wouldnt work but for $35 i took it and it looked partically new sure enoph the thing bolted right in place with out a problem and it opend and closed fine but when i locked the door when i went back to get it the door wount unlock from the inside or out side i can hear the locks working but it wont unlock any ideas?

Check the linkage. You're going to have to take the door apart to make sure it is properly adjusted. If you adjust one rod (or more if necessary), the door should open again.

Yeah just sounds like the linkage slipped or came out of adjustment...I believe it is possible to get the door panel apart enough with the door closed to be able to see what is going on inside.

I'm talking about the linkage inside the door - since you said it was working before you locked it. Sounds like there is something wrong with the locking part of the linkage.