Daggar

So I have come down to the end of the line for my Z34. Sadly it's life was ended by an inept mechanic who put too long of a plug in it. I regret ever taking the car to that moron to begin with (see rant about 1800.00 bill). So now I guess I am wondering if I should scrap it, repair the existing 3.4 (but it always had issues), find a new 3.4 for it or swap in a diffrent engine alltogether. Anyway I dunno what to do.. ya might see a 284 in the for sale section soon.

I would demand that the mechanic pay to have a new engine put in the car, or to have the previous one rebuilt. If he refuses, threaten to take his shoddy work to the media. Or call BBB and see what they can do.

I would demand that the mechanic pay to have a new engine put in the car, or to have the previous one rebuilt. If he refuses, threaten to take his shoddy work to the media. Or call BBB and see what they can do.

X2 or take him to court if he refuses to fix it PROPERLY.

and what kind of plug did he put in????

settle for $5000. the cost of your hassle plus the repairs he already performed plus the cost of finding a REAL mechanic to fix the damn thing.

hell. how bout going 3400 SFI?

buddy of mine put plugs into his 4 cyl s10 pickup and put a hole into each piston, they were for a mistubishi iirc, the part store gave him the wrong ones.

if its a creditable shop that did it, tell them you'd like a refund on all the work performed and another lq1 of equal or lower miles installed. if that fails, torch the place

They were probably 3.1L plugs his dumb ass might have said said z24. He probably didn't even remember what engine the car he was working on had. You would be amazed how many so called mechanics that come into my work don't even know what they are working on. He should replace your engine at the very least.

im glad that the local meineke guy i trust is the manager, who has his own 3.4 timing tools. if it's anything engine related, he'll be out there doing it, instead of running the desk.

Well it's not looking good. It's probably gonna come down to a legal fight. So since I have the 5-speed I'm leaning towards a L67 swap. The sad fact is for what I put in the car for cash I could have done it!

Think the L67 is a good idea?

i've only done my plugs twice! (in the cutty), so i guess so far i've been lucky? :lol: I need to do them again, but when I think about doing it, the kid inside me throws himself on the floor and has a yelling fit, complete with fists flying and things sailing through the air.

Well it's not looking good. It's probably gonna come down to a legal fight. So since I have the 5-speed I'm leaning towards a L67 swap. The sad fact is for what I put in the car for cash I could have done it!

Think the L67 is a good idea?

L67 + 5-speed = FUCK YEAH!! i dont think anyone here has done that one.