Hi guys, do you remember me!?

89BuickRegalGS

Just thought I would stop by and holla cause I still do own teh Buick. I now post over at http://www.rangerpowersports.com You guys need to check out teh website for SLP Engineering! They have stuff for Regals, Impalas, MonteCarols and my Frod ranger. Now check out my next post and someone please consider it!

You guys need to check out teh website for SLP Engineering! They have stuff for Regals, Impalas, MonteCarols and my Frod ranger. Now check out my next post and someone please consider it!

Been there...

Done that...

Bought the T-Shirt.

What would be new if...

* GM stuck a fully manual transmission in a mid-size sedan

* the Rockies won a freaking road series more than once

* I got a DOHC / 5-speed :shock:

- Erik

wellllll sooooorrrrrryyyyyy!

In the time i had been posting here (I dunno, year and a half to 2 years), no one so much as mentioned SLP engineering's web site.

wellllll sooooorrrrrryyyyyy!

In the time i had been posting here (I dunno, year and a half to 2 years), no one so much as mentioned SLP engineering's web site.

No worries... :D I was hoping more for a laugh... sorry if it too blunt. No, SLP is a good site / company; hands down. Friends have had personal experience with them. But SLP deals more with the Gen II W-Body and Gen IV F-Body's with a couple of S10's and Rangers to 'widen' their sales pitch. We need more Gen I W-Body parts... who want to start a new company? GnatGoSplat? Brian P? RedCutlassSL? PhantonFE3? I know you guys want in on this... :lol:

- Erik

hell yeah!!!! im in!!! my dad uses CNC machines everyday at work! we both work at the same place so i can talk to my boss about them making parts for us!!!! i know your just kidding but i think its a good idea, we could start small with just little things, kinda like M&S production! have a small website, ya know... i have my own mowing buisness and i get paid more if i want to work more. if your serious i saw we should give it a shot

I'd start up a new company with Shawn, BrianP, RedCutlassSL and some of the other dudes here. Gen1 W-Body parts for sure, that's all we make. Shawn can engineer all the performance parts and upgrades and shit. I'd work on the exterior stylin and cosmetic products. BrianP can simply stop by with some beers and tell jokes to keep us laughing. RedCutlassSL can stop by and keep us focused.

No worries... :D I was hoping more for a laugh... sorry if it too blunt. No, SLP is a good site / company; hands down. Friends have had personal experience with them. But SLP deals more with the Gen II W-Body and Gen IV F-Body's with a couple of S10's and Rangers to 'widen' their sales pitch. We need more Gen I W-Body parts... who want to start a new company? GnatGoSplat? Brian P? RedCutlassSL? PhantonFE3? I know you guys want in on this... :lol:

- Erik

i already have some bitchin' ideas for me n Erik's company, theys gonna sell like mad!! we're gonna be rich Erik, my uncles got a whole shit load stamping presses at his company that makes clocks so we can make all sorts of stuff for really sheap and sell them for like 5 times what they are worth, and still keep our customers! i have 1 idea that every w-body owner should have in their tool box, its gonna be a hell of a handy tool to have and it will sell for under 10 bucks and will only cost like .90 cents to make!!!

:lol: Oh man I had craZy plans of starting my own business once.. Then once I started into it, I realized the cost of it. YiKeS! I still kinda itch to be my own boss.. all I need is cash.

Well thats a little different than what I was thinking.. In the old town I lived in, there was NOTHING to do whatsoever.. but everyone drove like a few hours to the next town for the clubs.. so I thought, hmmmm.... I could start a sweet club here and everyone would come! So I started pricing stuff and found a good building for it. But after awhile, I just figured I couldn't afford the inital startup.. The damn building I looked at was a hefty 300,000 bucks alone.. then I would need tons of other crap, so I basically gave up on the idea.

I'd start up a new company with Shawn, BrianP, RedCutlassSL and some of the other dudes here. Gen1 W-Body parts for sure, that's all we make. Shawn can engineer all the performance parts and upgrades and shit. I'd work on the exterior stylin and cosmetic products. BrianP can simply stop by with some beers and tell jokes to keep us laughing. RedCutlassSL can stop by and keep us focused.

- Erik

Yeah right I'm the interior guy remember. :lol: and as for starting a business, no!!!!!! :wink:

- Erik

Cadillac CTS

Ok you got me there... scratch that off the list. :oops:

But how about putting in something that can be abused on the track...

or to school, or work, because that's what we use ours for. Not just a Sunday drive! :D

- Erik

- Erik

Cadillac CTS

Ok you got me there... scratch that off the list. :oops:

But how about putting in something that can be abused on the track...

or to school, or work, because that's what we use ours for. Not just a Sunday drive! :D

- Erik

The Saturn midsize and wagon has a manual available with the 4 cyl. I test drove one and it was quick, (partially because the drive ratio is about 4:10 or so as I recall. The CTS will soon have the 5.7 with a 6-speed!

Oh yeah, the original jist of the your post, Hi John/89regalgs. I believe I am the person who turned you on to this forum in the 1st place when you asked over on the Car and Driver forum if there was any place to get info on our type of cars and I pointed you this way.

On paper, I DO have a business.

I just don't have anything to sell that I can make a profit on.

If you look at my Ebay feedback, you can see I do like selling!

I also have an idea list a mile long, just no way to get them from concept to physical product.

If you can think of a way to start a business without me having to sell the house or take out a loan, I'm in. :)