Help! Window stuck down

Schudini

This is for my friend who has a 1994 Cutlass Supreme 4 door. (Also, I already did a search so I have some idea what's going on)

From what he told me, yesterday he put his (drivers) window down to enter the code to get into his apartment gate, and then the window would not roll back up. Now it's got Saran Wrap and duct tape covering the hole to keep out rain. (absolutely nothing valuable in the car)

I tried it out today and it doesn't move at all. It's all the way down and we tried to pull it up by hand, but it wouldn't move (felt like it was locked or something). All the other windows work, and this one wasn't acting up previously, it just quit suddenly.

I'm hoping it's just a switch and not a motor, but I haven't been able to get the door panel off fully to do some diagnostics.

Anybody have any experience with this problem, or can give me tips for removing the door panel? I already removed the plate with the door handle and lock, the seatbelt panel and screws, the plastic trim retainers near the mirror, and the door reflector and the 2 screws behind it. It still feels like there is something in the middle of the panel that is holding it on. I don't want to rip it off cause it's not my car.

Is there a bolt or bracket I'm overlooking? Also, how to get the switch off of the door panel?

Thanks.

My Silhouette did the same thing, it was the switch. Take a test light to the connector at the motor and see if you're getting power to there by pressing down on the window button with the ignition on. Or do so at the switch itself before tearing everything apart.

The Dark Blue wire in terminal "A" is the "up" wire.

The brown wire in terminal "E" is the down wire.

But also, my passenger side window motor in my Silo went out with no warning - thankfully it was up when it did.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to come back and update, I sent him all the info I could find on here, and the advice that worked was to hit the door panel hard with your palm and presto! the switch works and the window goes up.