I got some new parts!

charged 3.1

Where did you get your injectors, brand name and what was the cost?

I've now got 2 extra sets of Inj's for my Z34 and what I am forced to continue to run is the stockers and they make the car run like crap. Old 1992 LQ1's. Has bad hesitation when cold and the stalling issue that was common with them. I tried the ACCEL's, junk. I bought a set out of a 1997 LQ1 from another member but they are Rochesters and do not have the additional slot for the retainer clips like the Multecs do. i do not want to spend 500 bucks if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Ok. I'm having some problems :( I put the injectors in and the chip and the car runs like pure shit. I have to hold it to the floor to get it to start and when i hit the gas it sputters really bad. The chip is supposed to be the top gun chip and is setup to run the 30lb injectors. Can anyone tell me if it is the top gun?

There is no "top gun" chip for 30lb injectors unless Jeff did it himself for you. If not, that's a copy of a top gun that probably isn't gonna work worth a damn for 30lb injectors unless whoever made the chip had a car that used 30lb injectors and tuned the chip for it. Why are you running 30lb injectors anyway?

I was told the chip was ready for 30lb injectors. I got a good deal on the injectors thats why i got them. Idk i'm going to make me up a chip real quick for 30lb injectors just to see if there is any differance in the way it runs.

First problem is that it is an AT29C256 chip. Jeff NEVER used those that I have ever heard of. He did not like the EEPROM chips only the UV erase ones. Good luck getting support from Jeff M for something he most likely did not make.

Looks like a copy cat chip that most likely didn't take in the load. I would smack your "buddy" in the head and then track down the SOB who is selling copy cat chips to put a boot in his daddy parts! :twisted:

Regards,

-Kenny

Kenny is right on with all of his points. Jeff doesn't use EEPROMs, so it's definitely not his chip. Jeff M. chips generally have a colored tag over the UVEPROM like below. Besides, even if you did buy a chip for 30 lb injectors, there are a number of different 30 lb injectors out there and they all have different flow characteristics. Also, I have a couple of chips that I made floating around out there, but I also never used EEPROMs so you can't blame it on me. :mrgreen:

topgun160.jpg