Heated Seats possible with AQ9's?

Scottster

I told myself last winter I would not go another one without something to heat my buns during those cold mornings.

I had installed a heated seat kit into my previous SVT Contour, and just wonder if the same is possible for the Pontiac. The thing is the Contour was a piece of cake, since the upholstry was basically a big "sock" slid over the seat frame, and foam padding. The AQ9's seem to complex for it to be that easy to remove the upholstry intact, and then go back together again.

Besides, if the foam is glued to the leather, than it wouldn't be possible either.

Has anyone ever had one appart, or know enough about them to tell me if this is possible with these seats or not?

not sure what seats your talking about, but i installed heated seats on my factory Monte seats and then when i got a set of 93 cutty seats i installed the seat heater in them.

if you go to my cardomain, you will find my writeup on the install... basicly i got a seat heater from walmart those seat pads you put on top of chairs, but you cut them up and install in your factory seats.

The AQ9 seats are infinitly adjustable ones with the air bladders, offered on the 1st gens.

I just think with the complexity of the seat, it may not be possible, or as easy to do as your's were.

I suppose I could always "do surgery" to one in a J/Y to see what they look like in the inside.

Speaker, I think those are 6" infinity's. The box sucks cause it aint sealed. I plan to mount these to the door panels after I fabricate a sealed encloser into the door panels.

I have done this to the seats in my Cutlass International.

Here are some pics

Seat Heater Pics

IMG_9701.JPG

That's mint...just what I was looking for...

...now how did you do it! lol

I mean, what was required to get the upholstery off the seat? If you could share the process of the project, I would truely appreciate it!!!

Thanks!

Well, its been a while.

First you have to start pulling off the seat cover material, this is done by tilting the seat forward and follow the seat cover to the rear, it is held on by a long U type clip that snaps over a rod. As seen here at the end of the materialPull back the material and release the clip, then you have to remove the rings that hold the material to the seat. They are all over the place along the lines for the ass area and lower back area, Plyers or wirecutters will work.

There is a rod that holds the material down to create the crease between the part under your knees and the ass area. I had to remove this because it would interfere with the seat heater. So it isn't all that formed to the cushion in that area but i didnt care. The same process for the back portion of the seat, where the lower back area meats the upper back area.

Sorry the description is pretty vage. But once you take the clips off the rear of the seat and start pulling forward it will be easy from there.