Interior Looks?!

runt

Alright.....so I FINALLY got the rear lights to work in my car by bypassing the switch. No big deal though. Just pull the lights out and solder a little bit. So then I was thinking about a few things that I would like to do the car and was wondering if I could have opinions, questions, comments and flames if it came down to it. :twisted: It's mostly visual stuff but you guys seem to care more than most of the people in my area. Anyhow, here we go:

1. A shifter boot. I know they sell them at AutoZone. Something like the "Fast and Furious" brand. I don't really care, but I was gonna get a black one, cuz the car is black.

2. Blue Neons inside? Mounted under the carpet by carefully "engineering" my carpet to do so.

3. LED lights behind my heat vents. I just think with that lit up, it would look really badass.

4. Possibly a vinyl sticker on the windshield, or a vinyl Oldsmobile sticker on the sunroof.

5. GIVE ME IDEAS!!

I need to make this car mine. There aren't that many in the area, just a lot of stupid kids with ZX2's and Sunfires with about 7 ft high wings and fart cans. I can't stand it. Anyway....thanks everybody!!

Jeremy :peace:

I had blue neons tucked under my dash at one point a few years ago. Now I have red ones. I don't really know why I did it, I'm even considering going back to blue. Red is great though. I have them wired so they come on with the doors/interior lights. Under the seat is very rice-typical and looks half assed. Light up the whole floorboard without the neon lights being visible, now that takes skill.

If you want ideas tell me what you got first...coupe/sedan, cloth?, options, color etc

Here's some personal picks:

* debadged

* cleverly hidden / installed interior neon or black light tubes

* shift boot? For an auto? Perhaps newer shift knob from junkyard...

* one banner / sticker is fine, just don't be an advertising board!

* horsepower...

* horsepower...

* more torque...

* horsepower...

If you want to stand out, slap it to the pavement and not the body! :D

- Erik

Pep Boys Fast & Furious section has all kinds of stuff like holey aluminum pedals, aluminum shifter knobs, wetsuit looking seat covers, stuff that says "Type R Racing" etc. You can also pick up some cans of paint and spraypaint some interior pieces.

Don't forget fuzzy dice, a suction cup Garfield in the window, or golden crown air freshener on the rear deck either.

Ok....I have a 96 Cutlass Supreme.

Body Color: Black

Interor Color: Cloth with grey

Under the Hood: 3100 SFI

I have the neons ready to go, just for the heck of it...but I don't really know what to do under the hood to get the horsepower.....

I was really considering an engine swap, but I don't really have the money or know how to do something like that. I would be afraid that I would get the new engine and it would end up being a POS and I know the engine I have now with 93000 on it runs grrrrrreat.

Oh and by the way.....I don't need a garfield, I have a stick on duck on my window.....and yes.....I'm serious :D

Say you have a 3100.Shawn could give ya some ideas for more hp.I would advise first putting a better exhaust on it and installing cold air induction.Also putting a 180 thermostsat in it.

The LEDs in the vents seem nice. I almost did something like that to my computer case (a dell dimmnsion 8100) where the vents are. I was goin to put red leds there, sticking down, so it would have a nice glow it made on the floor (makes a green one now...Dell put some green leds in there).

if they were hidden, it may actually look sharp.

Jon

Yeah, the LED's would look kinda cool. I think I know how I could hide them as well. If not, I'll ask my dad, he's good at stuff like that. And I am gonna get some of those Blue LED fans for my computer and I think a neon tube inside also, why not ya know??

Ok.....soooo.....that means

1. Neons are ok

2. LED's would be cool

3. Stickers are nice, but don't use the car as a billboard

4. More HP...but how?

4. More HP...but how?

Search for anything and everything that deals with the 3.1L or 3100.

Basics:

* cold-air intakes / K&N filter

* 2.25" mandrel bent exhaust

* free flow or no catalytic convertor

* 180 degree or lower tempreture thermostat

* any engine internal parts

* any forced induction system (either custom creations or high-priced produced systems)

* new set of plugs / wires

* clean throttle body / upper intake manifold

* tons more, the sky's the limit as long as your wallet can handle it!

Questions? (More than likely) Feel free, we're here to help you out!

- Erik

if you remove the cat. its going to throw a code at yea, there is a 2nd O2 sensor after the cat. you can either get a high flow one one or those kits that can thrick the ecm into thinking there still a 2nd O2 sensor there.

Ok....well that makes sence with the cat and the O2 sensor. I have heard of some people getting the SES light comming on. I don't think that I'd actually be able to take out the cat myself, I'm always afraid that I'm gonna mess something up! Thats just me tho cuz this is my only car and I need it for getting my lazy ass to work and such. But does anybody know about the inspection thing??

But does anybody know about the inspection thing??

* For track racing - you should be fine

* For street legal - you'll need it to pass emissions

Here in Colorado, you NEED a Cat to pass state emissions standard for the clean air bill that was past some years ago. Check with your local DMV to find out if they are required to pass the emissions test, if you even have them.

Stupid Trivia Agaisnt Your Tree Hugging Engineering / Buddies:

Do you know that Carbon Dioxide (CO2) gas is created by the...

* ocean @ 50%

* decomposing matter @ 15%

and here's the kicker...

* all automotive exhaust @ under 2%

And what's worse:

You could cut down every tree in North America and that WOULD NOT effect the worlds Oxygen supply by less than 0.2%...

- Erik

Stupid Trivia Agaisnt Your Tree Hugging Engineering / Buddies:

Do you know that Carbon Dioxide (CO2) gas is created by the...

* ocean @ 50%

* decomposing matter @ 15%

and here's the kicker...

* all automotive exhaust @ under 2%

And what's worse:

You could cut down every tree in North America and that WOULD NOT effect the worlds Oxygen supply by less than 0.2%...

- Erik

Wow, thats interesting, and very funny!! Screw emissions, we dont have them here in KY. I believe an exhaust cut-out is in order 8)

Robby

I kinda like that idea. And yeah...screw those tree hugging hippies! I think I'm gonna ask my local machanic before removing the cat, but I think it might be in order...... :twisted: