finally got the hood

phantomFE3

i finally got my hood, sorry if the pictures are a little bit big, i sanded the hood down already, as you can see it has had its fair share of dings and scratches:

hood.jpg

and here is what i have been driving around with alll along!!! my dad is calling in to see how much its going to cost to get my hood painted, he knows a guy that owns a body shop that have the best prices in town and has some of the best quality too, just look at what i had to be seen with:

dent.jpg

she'll look pretty good once im all done, im making the old hood into a cowl induction hood :twisted:

hey guys, the pics are working again!!! the hood was silver when i got it and i sanded it down to scuff up the paint so the new paint would stick, a few dents and scratches, nothing too major, but there is some bondo on it :? they guy at the junkyard didnt tell me that, but im sure he probably didnt know since he didnt do any work on the car, just bought it and put it in the yard

some or all of that bondo could be on it from the factory. I had a friend that worked at gm and he said he never saw a car that didn't have x's on it telling the paint shop to fill it

You know I just noticed that my drivers door had some filler on it but it's the original door with original paint(prepping for new paint). That makes sense now.