Car has water all over the floorboards??

Supreme Cutlass

I've got water (not coolant) all over the front where the mats are. It's bad enough where when I pull the mats out, water just runs off them. The carpet is dry on the angled part of the floor under the dash, but soaked right where it's flat. The only thing I can think of is the A/C since I have it running constantly and it's not coolant. How and where does the A/C condensation drain out so that I can check it?

Nope, it's dry. Just to clarify the water is in the FRONT where the mats are, not the back.

I know. But if you have a trunk leak, all the water pools in the spare tire well and in the front seat foot wells first. when it builds up enough you, you'll start to notice it soak through the rear seat carpet as well.

weather stripping. windows left open when it rained. can you fill a car with smoke(haze) and see where it comes out.

hasn't rained in a while, and it's a lot of water :psyduck:

a/c drain IS clogged. I've experienced this.

there is a rubber nipple on the firewall, find it and clean it. looks like a L facing down, maybe 1/2" in diameter

Yeap, use a coat hanger, and stick it in there gently, wiggle it around....

dont stand under the drain, you will get ice cold water drained on ya.... :lol:

Did this on my truck today..

a/c drain IS clogged. I've experienced this.

there is a rubber nipple on the firewall, find it and clean it. looks like a L facing down, maybe 1/2" in diameter

Where exactly on the firewall? passenger side? what is it close to?

It is slightly on the center right of the firewall,. basically, find the c100 connector, go to the drivers side 1 foot, and then down about 1/2 foot.

no coat hanger needed, it can pop off, and it can be cleared just by squeezing it.

Happened on my Mom's Acura two weeks ago..I pulled the tube off and out of the firewall to clear it, and sprayed it with silicone lube and put it back through the firewall and nothing has gotten wet since.