GM Factory Radio

leman

I have a 92 GrandPrix 4 door sedan with a stock radio in it. just a radio no tape and no cd player, and to top it off theres no light on it eather, talk about plan. Anyways i want a replacement factory radio with tape deck but prefer cd player with the red light on it. What will fit in there from other cars and from what years. Also if anyone has one that they want to donate that works that'll be cool also. I'm in Sherbrooke Quebec Canada.

Thanks Everyone

I'm sure you could get a tape deck/radio from your local wrecker..good luck finding a cd player though of that era..and have even better luck finding one that works still!

for what the local scrap yard charges for a factory radio :evil:, i may as well buy a new cd/player from like pioneer, or kenwood or sumtin like that, but i want to leave it stock

I am like you, and want to keep everything looking stock. I have an MP3 player, and just wired it into the radio. As far as the radio is concerned, it's set to 88.3 FM (or something like that), and I have more tunes than I could ever have put on 100 CDs.

I concealed everything within the console, so you don't even know it's there, just a wire and switch inside the armrest bin to plug the ipod into.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-KGnG7GmGRQz/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=771&I=142FMMOD01

I would have to look and find it, but I have a collection of GM factory decks iin my attic. I have a couple from pontiacs, chevys, and buicks, so I would have to figure out which of them is actually a pontiac <amber colored> one. No CD players, all tape decks. I'll try to get back to you tomorrow on that.

Find yourself a CD player with a 5 band EQ from a Grand prix, like this one..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-Delco-Radio-5-EQ-CD-Player-Pontiac-FIERO-FIREBIRD-TA_W0QQitemZ190138546748QQihZ009QQcategoryZ38641QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Bonneville-CD-Player-GM-Firebird-Trans-Am_W0QQitemZ140145945965QQihZ004QQcategoryZ38641QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And transfer the mounting hardware from one to the other. Your problem is that you have a 92, and the mounting brackets are located on the top and the bottom. In 94? they changed the design to mounting brackets on the left and right. Those radios are plentiful and usually work, but yours being from 92, its kinda hit or miss. Thats why I have 3 spare TGP specific cd players that work, and sit in storage...