power door locks stopped working

cutty

Well today while I was out shopping i turned off my car, and went to unlock my rear doors from the drivers side switch, nothing happened. I then tried it from the passenger side also, nothing again.

Then a few seconds later, all the locks went crazy they kept locking and locking until i pulled the fuse. When i put the fuse in all it does it keep the door locked, and when i unlock them manually, it automatically locks again. So right now i have the fuse pulled until i can further investigate.

But anyone that has any info or ideas let me know. Sorry for the long info, and if any more info or clarification is needed let me know.

**ALSO I HAVE AN AFTERMARKET ALARM SYSTEM INSTALLED**

It is the viper 791xv.

Does the alarm work with the factory keyless remote (assuming you have that option) or does it use a separate remote? If the locks work through the alarm system, sounds like the brain shorted out or there's some wires touching. Or the lock relay went bad.

Does the alarm work with the factory keyless remote (assuming you have that option) or does it use a separate remote? If the locks work through the alarm system, sounds like the brain shorted out or there's some wires touching. Or the lock relay went bad.

It works on a different remote.

technically you shouldn't be able to, but I mainly remember the locks cycling like crazy when hers stuck. Pull the switch panel and disconnect one lock button wire harness at a time and see if the locks start to work again.

technically you shouldn't be able to, but I mainly remember the locks cycling like crazy when hers stuck. Pull the switch panel and disconnect one lock button wire harness at a time and see if the locks start to work again.

good idea, i will defineately try that tomorrow

I had the EXACT same thing happen when I was driving once. I also have an aftermarket alarm on my car. I did what Brian suggested, and was able to find/fix the problem.

well i tried disconnecting them today at the switch panels on the door's but that didnt have any effect.

So i guess i will have to take off my door panels and disconnect them from there and try it.