stock mudflaps

GPdriver1986

Not to my knowledge. I've seen some 88-89 cars with mudflaps, but I doubt they were factory. I know GM used to sell some thin rubber ones for the GPs.

I was looking around the junkyard and none of the Grand Prix's had mudflaps except one which, had crappy aftermarket ones. What about other w-bodies? Does GM still sell them as accessories? I really need mudflaps that will look good on my car.

ive seen some ince Oldsmobile and Cutlass Supreme ones. They fit, but it was in the 80s CS script. The oldsmobile looked REALLY nice, and i used to want a set, but just look to granny to me

jon

Guest RedCutlassSL

mudflaps are ugly. they don't even do what they are supposed to do. i have none on my car, and any future cars won't. the only vehicle i'd put them on are trucks

Mudflaps help prevent paint chipping near wheels therefore they stop rust. My car didn't have mudflaps and the fenders have alot chips and rust spots.

You can get some fairly tasteful looking ones for Hondas like this http://store5.yimg.com/I/honda-parts-and-accessories_1742_8880512, but I've never seen any tasteful looking ones for W-bodies.

At Pep Boys I once saw a generic kit that could be cut and modified to fit any car, it was supposed to give the molded appearance like the ones on Hondas. I don't know how well it works though.

I was looking around the junkyard and none of the Grand Prix's had mudflaps except one which, had crappy aftermarket ones. What about other w-bodies? Does GM still sell them as accessories? I really need mudflaps that will look good on my car.

GM sells them as accessories. I saw a few sets of pontiac ones hanging on the wall at the GM dealer today while I was there getting a gasket for my exhaust.