96 Lumina cruise control servo swap?

glassvial

My 96 Lumina cruise control servo looks like the top 2 pics. As you can (maybe) see in the pics, I'm missing half the wiring harness for it, but all I can find in the junkyards are cruise control servos that look like the bottom 2 pics. Is it possible to do a swap, or does someone have the proper wiring harness (I think it's probably easiest to just swap the entire wiring harness? because I have no idea where these wires that are missing are supposed to go to) or would it just be too much of a PITA to swap it, if it's even possible. Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Hate to break it to you, but your car has an aftermarket cruise control unit. You might as well rip it out and start over with another aftermarket unit (preferably one that includes all the parts! :lol: )

Funny, I thought cruise was standard in all the Loomies in 96. Shit, my old 96 Loomie had crank windows, but it still had factory cruise!

I don't think it's aftermarket, I talked to a dealer around here and apparently they did use this style cruise unit for about 6 months, then transitioned to the newer style. This car has a 95 build date, even though it's a 96. Also, the switch assembly inside the car is definitely factory! :)

it is factory but it was a bad idea of GMs lol, good luck, i only have an extra of the usual one for sale but not that exact unit. i do not know if the wiring is the same. though it does look like an aftermarket unit it is probably factory

The wiring is definitely NOT the same (but it is facory wiring, you can even read the writing on it), check a wiring diagram for a 95 and a 96, they're totally different. Unfortunately I think this would involve having to totally swap a wiring harness (as in, all of it) and some vacuum lines somehow on top of that (see how there's a vac line going into this unit? There isn't one on the newer style units). I just couldn't find any 95's around here at the jy's.

Maybe it was a dealer installed unit, but that damn sure isn't a "factory" style unit. Notice how it's bolted (roughly, and with a rusted, non-stock bolt) directly to the strut tower. The stock cruise modules had a bracket that attached to studs on the strut tower with speed nuts.

Anyways, that dealer you talked to is full of shit. There were only 2 styles of cruise modules on 1G W-Bodies. 88-93 were vacuum operated (with a diaphragm on the back and vacuum lines running to it,) 94-97 were fully electronic (like pics 3 & 4.) Provide me with a "GM" or "Delco" part number from your servo, and cross reference it at GMPartsDirect, then I'll retract everything I said. :)

I don't want to come across sounding like a dick, but I have a real hard time believing that your cruise unit is "Factory GM."

I'm not 100% sure about the servo itself, but the wiring that goes into it is definitely factory, like I posted earlier, you can even read what wire does what. If you want to check, the last 8 of the VIN is T915507. There's a very faded label on top of the unit, I can't see the bottom without taking it out. Also, I had a 94 Lumina, its cruise module didn't look like this one. A 94's wiring, a 95's wiring and a 96's wiring diagrams for cruise are all different. Forgot to mention, this is a 3100 motor in this beast too.

Also, here's a diagram of a 94 servo, the 94 wiring diagram, the 95 wiring diagram, and the 96 wiring diagram, respectively.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.