HUD is out of alignment

Addicted2bass

The HUD on my new TGP works fine but it projects the speed way far down on the windshield, the only way i can see it is if i sit straight up in the seat and crane my neck. The slider on the side doesnt help. Is there a way to adjust it if i take the unit apart?

i'd pull the cable out of the adjusteer and see if you can do it manually. The cable has a ball on the end so it can be put back in the adjuster after you try. Hell i'd take it apart and try it, you have nothing to lose but maybe an hour

i'd pull the cable out of the adjusteer and see if you can do it manually. The cable has a ball on the end so it can be put back in the adjuster after you try. Hell i'd take it apart and try it, you have nothing to lose but maybe an hour

Yes. Mine is actually held in place by a screw. lol

When I had my TGP there was the same problem with the HUD. I ended up taking it apart and adding a bit of plastic to the arm that holds the mirror. This moved it up just enough that the slider would then work. Getting it apart is actually easier than you would think.

wait, these HUD's dont have that up/down button like mine has?

that sucks!! i guess Pontiac thought everyone was the same height back then? :lol:

No, there is a HUD slider attached to a cable that mounts on the underside of the right switchpod on the instrument panel.

wait, these HUD's dont have that up/down button like mine has?

that sucks!! i guess Pontiac thought everyone was the same height back then? :lol:

No, there is a HUD slider attached to a cable that mounts on the underside of the right switchpod on the instrument panel.

Actually, the adjuster is on the right side of the HUD. :lol: