mediabandit

Here I dug em up...

bentdoorframekq6.gif

bentroofrl6.gif

I think I would be buried in my grave with the dash imprinted in my chest with my car 'T-Topped'. The absence of roof structure would allow the car to fold at the A-pillar. The doors may have popped open rendering my seatbelt useless. The floor and subfloor being the only structure left would bend at the bottom of the A-pillar and fold the whole dash in on me like say

o\_|O ... this.

Instead the impact is absorbed along the side rails up the A-pillar along the top to the B-pillar and so on. No roof to transfer the energy to the B-pillar and it has to travel somewhere.

i strongly debated installing a factory sunroof in my z34 when i was rebuilding it, however i shelved the idea in favor of retaining structural integrity.

however on the old dodge daytonas that had the ASC t tops in them had the frame of the door cut up in a fashion that it worked, so i can imagine it possible if you have the pocketbook and a custom shop willing

• 4 weeks later...