Cluster problem ..

RedGTP

Yesterday while returning from my work, my cluster was completely closed, I don't have tach/speedo/fuel and temp but the rest on the car run, after having unhafted my dash, still not found the problem, fuses 39 in a fusesbox always burns (I/P Electronics Ignition Feed) after 2 tests. Did somebody already have kind of problem? it is a shortcut, but which chance to find… It's possible that it's my cluster was dead ? or I have little chance that it's?

Thanks !

Yann

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I don't know anything about the cluster in that generation of car, but I can still give some advice.

First, are all the gauges in the cluster dead? Also, are the lights dead too (check cluster backlighting and the warning lights that illuminate when you start the car). If everything is dead, then it's either a connector problem (so check the connector first) or the fuse that powers the cluster is blown (I don't know which fuse it is because I have a 1992).

I have find the trouble ! :)

The pink wire between the brake pedal to cruise control module(brown in ccm) has a shortcut with the frame ..

the pink wire have most place to run .. (cluster, HUD, light controle, etc ..) this the reason why my fuse blowed and I don't had a cluster , juste unplug the brake pedal conection and it's ok ..

but I must find where is shortcut.... my cruise control was close :(