First Big Trip

synistershadows

so im heading out for my first big trip with the cutlass. and im hopeing she holds together it was overheating due to a water pump failure and it was pumping out my antifreeze. i got that replaced and it seems ok now so im hoping it will take the highway speeds. its bout a 3 hour drive on the highway so it should be ok. but this will be my first "big" trip so it should be interesting.

I always get nervous before long trips, i know the car can take them no problem, but i get nervous none the less. as of right now my z has to build me some trust back up 2 tows in 6 months isn't cool. but honestly i've drove my car on a whole mess of 6+ hour trips, PGH to NJ, to GA, NH, MI a mess of times, just make sure all your preventive service is caught up and you should have tons of worry free miles

Hell, my 91 lumina with a 3 speed transmission took like 12 hours of highway driving straight to Michigan. I have faith in the little guy and that trip made me like it more and spend more money on it, like suspension upgrades/replacements. Wewt, mark one for the lumina

EDIT: The car made it back fine too, but you know, the trip home is always kinda more boring and tedious

well im back now and yes it did make it but i did worrie me a few times that engine of mine just really likes to get hot!! and i think my tranys on the way out cuz she was jerking at around 110kmh and i really had to step on it to get it to stop but i made it home

sounds like fun i would like to take the car up to the edmonton m&g but i dont think it would make it there and back with this what i suppose tranny issue and i put aprox 800km on mine for this trip

sounds like everything works good other then that though. once you have the tranny geared up, you'll be able to do the long trips without having to worry about anything.

ya we are going to montreal and then up to see my little brother in petiwawa,Ont. he is back for two weeks leave from afghanistan. so it should be a fun trip.

nice yeah i would love to get that all done but im lil low on cash flow at the moment so im stuck

plus iv heard these trannys are not cheap to fix

yeah well iv just spent a bit on this car latly finaly got the tinting done and the chrome o put around the windows finally looks complete and amazing next step rims