A/C Not Working in my Z34

CNBZ34

So my AC is kaput. ALLDATA indicates to me that the low pressure switch is located on the rear of the compressor. I want to locate it in order to try to jump the connector to manually make the compressor cycle to determine if I indeed need a re-charge or replace the switch. Problem is, I have looked over every inch of the system and I cannot find that dang switch. I was able to locate the high pressure switch but not the low pressure. Can anyone shed some light on this as to the location? It's refered to as either the low pressure switch or compressor cycling switch. FYI, system has already had a R134a conversion.

I do not have a pressure guage. i just want to quick find the potential problem. if it requires a recharge, then i will purchase a kit. I just would rather not buy it if I do not need it. By manually cycling the compressor is a quick way to determine if it works or not.

They make a recharge can with pressure gauge right on top of it, $25 around here.

its a large can too like 16 ounces or more so its like getting a pressure gauge for about $7

For $7 I would just buy one !!!

I thought about it however, if I can locate the cycling switch and jump the plug with a paperclip, I will immediately know if it's even worth going to the store to buy it and weather or not my compressor even works. The system was comverted and charged approx 3 or so years ago. if it's empty, obviously there is a leak and I'm not going to bother pumping refridgerant into it.

STOP!

DO NOT mess with the pressure switches. On our cars... they are not 'on/off' switches, they give the pcm variable readings... and you could FRY your PCM!!!

find the a/c relay. pop the cover off. manually trigger it. does the compressor activate with the engine on (climate controls setting does not matter)

next. find the low port. press the schrader valve pintle in momentarily (1/2 second). does refrigerant escape or just a light poof?