problem with the 3800 lumina

kuntzie

the car runs and drives great but occassionally (3 tiems now) the car stalls at idle, it sounds like the fuel pump just gives out and the car chugs and stalls. it after about 20 seconds it will start again.

any suggestions

I would check fuel pressure. If not that, then fuel injectors. After that coils, ICM, CPS.

EDIT: I would guess since it's OBD II it would throw a code for anything else.

Hmm.. getting any codes?

no codes, only does it when its warm and idled for about a minute or so

Mine did the same thing. Then I changed the spark plugs, spark plug wires, and cleaned the MAF, and didn't have that problem anymore. Quite strange if you ask me. It seemed to have a really rough idle like it was trying to search for an idle point and it would usually die right when I'd put it in gear. Like I said, cleaning the MAF and replacing the spark plugs solved the problem for me, though I'm not sure if it could be something else.

spark plugs and wires are newer (like 15 000kms on them) and it ideles, drives and has good gasmileage other then the couple of tiemes it stalled.

spark plugs and wires are newer (like 15 000kms on them) and it ideles, drives and has good gasmileage other then the couple of tiemes it stalled.

Hmm. One thing I forgot to mention. This only happened when the engine was pretty hot if I turned it off and tried to turn it on again after 15-30 minutes. If the engine was cold, it wouldn't give me any problems at all. After a while it would be fine though...