What is this?

gmrulz4u

underhood.jpg

What exactly is the above arrow pointing to? I THINK it has something to do with the Cruise Control system?

The reason I ask is because I found a very good and convenient vacuum connection to that round-black plastic peice, and just want to make sure it's OK to disconnect it with the engine running and tee-in my Vacuum Gauge.

THANKS!:)

The reason I ask is because I found a very good and convenient vacuum connection to that round-black plastic peice, and just want to make sure it's OK to disconnect it with the engine running and tee-in my Vacuum Gauge.

You won't be able to tie into the Vacuum Gauge there since it's not correct engine psi when the cruise is on.

You'll most likely want to tap into your Brake Booster line from the master cylinder.

- Erik

But since I never use the Cruise Control, is it OK to use? It just seems VERY convenient...

You WON'T have vacuum reading unless you're using the CC... constantly.

Plus, you may not get an accurate reading either since it only needs vacuum from the main system to hold the throttle body open based on the set cruise speed vs. vehicle speed.

- Erik

So where the heck is the Brake Booster? I'm just still trying to find an EASY and CONVENIENT vacuum connection to tee into...

Some people told me that there's one INSIDE the passenger compartment, but I don't know what the hell they're talking about...

So where the heck is the Brake Booster? I'm just still trying to find an EASY and CONVENIENT vacuum connection to tee into...

Some people told me that there's one INSIDE the passenger compartment, but I don't know what the hell they're talking about...

It is a easy and convenient... doesn't get any more open and by-itself than that. The Brake Booster is the rubber line that goes from your Master Cylinder to the backside of the intake manifold. On the M.C., there will be a plastic connector fitting into a rubber groment that give you power to your hydrolic brakes; if that line is cracked, leaking, hissing, whatever... REPLACE IT ASAP! If that thing goes out, you won't be able to stop.

As for tapping into the interior, that's a bunch a bull too. The heating, venting and air conditioning (HVAC) controls are vacuum based, but just like the cruise, it's a subsystem of the major vacuum routing. Don't hack into the HVAC, you'll won't get a correct reading either...

- Erik

Actually that looks like my cruise control servo.

Nope!:) Actually, it IS mine...when's the last time you looked under your hood Shawn? You'll notice it's missing...I'm just borrowing it:)

j/k, of course...

Actually that looks like my cruise control servo.

Nope!:) Actually, it IS mine...when's the last time you looked under your hood Shawn? You'll notice it's missing...I'm just borrowing it:)

j/k, of course...

:lol: You could probably buy a case of them for how much it'd cost to come from Canada to Missouri to "borrow" mine! :lol:

You could probably buy a case of them for how much it'd cost to come from Canada to Missouri to "borrow" mine!

No one ever told me that "making sense" was something I excel at:)