What is this

dohc v6

I am going to attach a pic. Basically I cannot figure out what the small wire goes to. i thought it was a ground. Also what is the reason for attaching a power wire to the aux post. I am running my battery to the back, but I want to coonect the power wire to the starter and not even attach a wire to the post. But I dont know if it powers anything.

Photo_0003.jpg

looks like maybe a fuseable link. that's kinda how I did mine on the jimmy, since once you blow the stock one, its incredibly difficult to get it the same way, so i just ran mine to the top post where my amp wire connects

The Aux terminal makes it easier to boost the vehicle too, but your car will probably never see cold weather so I doubt you'd care about that lol.

I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it is the positive power supply wire.... for the fuel pump in my cars. yeah I forgot to hook that wire up in the 92 vert swap and it would not run :D

Interestingly, there was a second wire ONLY in my 91 CS (with POWERFUCKUPPERIII) presumably for the PMIII. (although I have not figured out why the wipers were permanently powered)

also... You will HAVE to have the battery cable still connect to that post, as all the things in the box beside the the post use it for a hot. abs horn or whatever is in there.