Air Intake Questons

timbit_69

So.... iam looking a how i can squeeze more juice out if the 3100 in my 95 lumina and i saw some thing that tweeked my intrest. :shock: The tube that is sticking out of the tubing between my TB and the air box....

So my questi :?: n that some one can help me with is.... What the HECK is it and can i remove it???? or does it serve a purpose???? :roll:

And what should i use for an after market air cleaner(filter)????????ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME

you can e-mail me @ darren_can@yahoo.com

First off welcome aboard! :D

The tube that goes to you intake tubing to the valve cover is for emission / econ purposes.

You can find a valve cover breather element to replace the hose but it's won't help in performance.

As for air filters, I believe (or at I think) that almosy everyone is going to recommend K&N Filters.

- Erik

yep k&n's are the most popular, dont buy an intake from RSM, they rip you off, just make your own, like i did, the people told me it didnt work and it would melt, they are wrong, i used 3 inch pvc, most of the pvc you see is like 1/8 inch thick, i got a hold of some 1/4 thick stuff and that works really well, but i do have a heat sheild on it, i can get you pics of my intake if you wont, its home made, it doesnt look the sweetest, but it works for me!

but it,s not going to anything !!!! it looks like a oversized soupcan that is under the tube

joining the air box to the Throttle body it has nothing going to it (except to the tubing of the intake) there are no lines going into it or out of it. It is connected and it is hollow. It looks like it would restrict air flow by creating turbulance ing the intake tube

but it,s not going to anything !!!! it looks like a oversized soupcan that is under the tube joining the air box to the Throttle body it has nothing going to it (except to the tubing of the intake) there are no lines going into it or out of it. It is connected and it is hollow. It looks like it would restrict air flow by creating turbulance ing the intake tube

]i will try and get a pic on here to show you exactly what i mean....

Please do... It's hard being on the other line and guess with not able to get a accurate description.

- Erik

Hey dude, don't worry about other people telling you shit. If you like it, then that's good. If it fucks up, then that's your fault and you live and learn. Right? :)

BTW: Yeah, RSM is a fucking rip-off eh?

yep k&n's are the most popular, dont buy an intake from RSM, they rip you off, just make your own, like i did, the people told me it didnt work and it would melt, they are wrong, i used 3 inch pvc, most of the pvc you see is like 1/8 inch thick, i got a hold of some 1/4 thick stuff and that works really well, but i do have a heat sheild on it, i can get you pics of my intake if you wont, its home made, it doesnt look the sweetest, but it works for me!

but it,s not going to anything !!!! it looks like a oversized soupcan that is under the tube joining the air box to the Throttle body it has nothing going to it (except to the tubing of the intake) there are no lines going into it or out of it. It is connected and it is hollow. It looks like it would restrict air flow by creating turbulance ing the intake tube

]i will try and get a pic on here to show you exactly what i mean....

Please do... It's hard being on the other line and guess with not able to get a accurate description.

- Erik

THe only thing down there that looks like a soup can is the metal canister thing for the Air conditioning. I dont know what it does, but I think its something for the A/C. Even if its not, theres nothing down there that is going to restrict your air flow.

Robby

THe only thing down there that looks like a soup can is the metal canister thing for the Air conditioning. I dont know what it does, but I think its something for the A/C. Even if its not, theres nothing down there that is going to restrict your air flow.

Robby

well its not the AC. it is actualy attached to the intake tube, and it is black i was using soup can as a description.