94 GP coupe door handle

rockfangd

Hi everyone i couldnt find a post for this one to help me. a few months ago i had to adjust the driver side latch to get the outside handle to open the door, (i adjusted it by taking off the clip and adjusting the pin up) so anyways when i did the adjustment the pin was all the way up to the top of the threaded rod so it worked. now 3 months later and the door handle broke because the pin needed to be adjusted again but i cannot adjust it because there isnt any threads left. So when i replaced the handle tonight the door still does not open. The only thing i know is that if you push down on the rod by hand the latch pops right open but it wont with the handle. What do i have to do now. replace the latch :willynilly:

oh and did i mention that you cant lock and unlock the door with the key either because even though the key turns ;eft and right it doesnt move the latch enough. if you pull the rod up by hand it works and unlocks push it down and it unlocks?? but not with the key, and lastly the window falls forward really easily when i try to make it go up.

ANY insight would be highly appreciated :mrgreen:

the rods stretch and compress over time. When a rod has compressed, it compresses at a faster rate meaning it will fail sooner.

I always remove the entire rod (removing door panel and everything) and physically stretch it out. I aim to have the adjuster 3/4 down the threads, and then test fit to make sure there is no binding before reassembly

and last but not least don't shut the door until you are certain everything works correctly. physically trip the latch shut with your finger and lock and unlock everything till it works right.

yeah thats how i always do it. lol i have had enough problems this month. I have like 6 cars to be worked on besides my day job and this is one of them. So are you saying to remove the rod and try to bend it to be longer maybe, i so do not want to use the passenger door nor does my client. I am just glad my cutty is a sedan

ok so i did a little bit of feeling around and found that the rods can be removed from the latch inside the door,. now my question is when you pull the rod of the latch what is the best way to get the little plastic ring off of the latch to replace it? also is it possible to use the locking ring instead of the regular ring, (the clip that goes into the hole and then you turn it till it locks onto the rod) :mrgreen: