Advice on UB3 cluster from Analog.....

maxintexas

Hey guys, great forum. Just got this baby in Fl and drove it back to Houston,Texas---whew the 1300 miles, but she ran like top. 93, with 89k, bought her on ebay for $3500.00. Everything works, but had a issue with the top driving it back, sprung a leak in the lift cylinder for the top, pass side, but i just got my new one in today and going to replace this weekend. Anyways, any advice on changing out the regulater instrument panel, to the UB3? From what I read, it's going to be wired in the same way, as if I would have already had the base digital cluster, minus adding sending units for the other gauges........any ideas........tips??

welcome! Go sign the Convertiholics Anonymous thread!!!!!!!

please be aware... You request falls outside of the guidelines of the convertible section, as it is not vert specific. You should post the request in General, Or use the search feature to locate an appropriate thread.

don't worry. just post what you are asking in the appropriate section, It's up to you what you would like to do otherwise! :) (you don't have to delete this post it you don't wish too)

• 1 month later...

WOOOHOOO another one for houston! You got PM buddy! :burnout:

Let me know if/when you need help workin on it..i've got today/tomorrow off as well as the last part of next week.

they are not wired the same!! the anolog and base digital are wired the same but the UB3 is completly different

heres my sugesstion go to a j/y and pull a UB3 with the conector with a little bit of the wires comming off and then go to the upgrade page on the main w-body site and print off the wireing diagram like what is for what for each one the base and the UB3 then go in and match color to color

thats what i did and it works great but be aware that you will have to add one wire going from the UB3 to the ALDL for the tach to work

thats how i did it and it works great good luck with your project and have fun with that car!