Here's a blast from the eighties...

Scottster

awesome! i always found it funny how GM used to show manual transmissions as hot shit back then.

Yeah, and they all but abandoned them in later years with the W cars.

RIDE, PONTIAC RIDE!!

What I find the funniest in those ads is the impression of speed that the commercial leaves you with. I think we all know just how "fast" the 3.1 is... :lol:

What I find the funniest in those ads is the impression of speed that the commercial leaves you with. I think we all know just how "fast" the 3.1 is... :lol:

Well, I guess they did have the TGP in 89...

It would be funny if they did a new commercial with the same insanity of these commericals. I'm sure alot of people forget how "cheesey" marketing was not that long ago.

What I want to know is why in the GP commercial does he shift from 4th to 3rd like he's some cool dude? I mean, maybe a 3-4 shift but backward? No. Uncool.

I never saw those ones. But I do vaguely remember the Chevrolet one "heartbeat of America" If I remember right I think it opened up with a Chevrolet Celebrity spinning it's wheels.

It would be funny if they did a new commercial with the same insanity of these commericals. I'm sure alot of people forget how "cheesey" marketing was not that long ago.

todays commercias are still cheesy IMO. i roll my eyes at most of them cuz they are so retarded.

What I want to know is why in the GP commercial does he shift from 4th to 3rd like he's some cool dude? I mean, maybe a 3-4 shift but backward? No. Uncool.

Yea...that's a desperation move to get any last vestage of power out of the engine. When trying to pass going up a hill...it's 5 to 4...and then last ditch effort from 4 to 3 while trying to maintain 50 MPH.

Can I still return my Grand Prix to the dealer and get full credit towards another new Pontiac?

LMAO! Try it with a nylon windbreaker on, some aviators, and a comb-over...it just might work!

Can I still return my Grand Prix to the dealer and get full credit towards another new Pontiac?

LMAO! Try it with a nylon windbreaker on, some aviators, and a comb-over...it just might work!

Na forget the Aviators....put on a windbreaker, a "New Kids on the Block" hat, and a pair of these.....

50_301g.jpg

Yea...that's a desperation move to get any last vestage of power out of the engine. When trying to pass going up a hill...it's 5 to 4...and then last ditch effort from 4 to 3 while trying to maintain 50 MPH.

Zing! :lol: Thats true I guess.