So engine or bike ?

Singh

Damn I dont know what to do, my car has blown 3.4 engine and its just been sitting cuz i bought a mercedes diesel and been driving that.

Now check it out, im getting really sick of it sitting because I cant stand cars sitting, even the tires are going flat and that drives me crazy....!

So I was about to get a new bike, gs500 or gsx r 600 , I just didnt know how fast i wanted to die so it was a toss up. But a friend showed me this link for GM performance, and they sell new L67's, and i was surprised because I didnt know you could buy them brand new. Anyways, I just wanted some thoughts of others here...

My gtp is really nice I love it but the engine is shit, so should I sell the car with the blown engine now, and get a new 07 suzuki and enjoy that for the summer ?

Or should I buy the engine, and spend a few grand on the car for what ever misc things i need for the swap ? And I want to buy new because I wont have to worry about reliability and head gaskets and all this crap and where it came from , you know ? But I dont know because maybee its not worth it to buy a new engine ?

So yea tell me what you think about buying a new engine versus an old, and if you think its worth putting money in the car for this engine swap, or if i should just go on and buy a bike instead ?

Of course I'll make the choice my self, but its always nice to hear what others think because sometimes I could be overlooking some things, thats why im asking..

thats what im thinking too its like the summer is flying by, i'll have the bike for a few months but then damn i'll have to park it, and then no more fun, but then again I guess snowmobiling will kinda help that craving out

Buy a Huffy!

no, seriously... I would purchase a used lower mileage 3800, and all the necessary parts from a donor car to convert your car over. 3800s are damn near indestructible so a used one should prove good. You could even buy one from Ed Morad at a reasonable savings over new.

Buy a Huffy!

no, seriously... I would purchase a used lower mileage 3800, and all the necessary parts from a donor car to convert your car over. 3800s are damn near indestructible so a used one should prove good. You could even buy one from Ed Morad at a reasonable savings over new.

hahaha

anyways, well the thing is, i have no idea how much a new one costs, do you have any clue ?

And yea I would probally contact that guy since everyyyyyyyone is recommending him.

lmao well my bro just bought a zzr600 and its rediculous, alot of fun and I just feel the need to hog it all the time. But it sucks cuz alot of guys around here got bikes too so they all go out riding and im like damn wtf im gonna follow in a car? hell no, so i wanted to get a bike for that reason, but i dot know, I guess i can just drive that once in a while and im already way more excited for the thought of getting my car running again than i am getting a bike, but i mean im excited over a bike too...

Quite frankly, 99% of people don't get a second chance on a bike. You only crash once and your life is freakin over. All it takes is one dumbass who doesn't look when he changes lanes on the freeway and bumps you a little, and your world flashes before your eyes for the few split seconds before your head gets smashed in and every bone in your body gets broken. I don't care who you are, how confident you think you might be on a bike, or how much you think it will never happen to you. It doesn't have to happen more than once.

Get a 3800 and maybe I won't have to see you on the news.

NWS Pics

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/358553b.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/358553c.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/358553d.jpg

Granted, the guy was going 100mph and crashed into the back of a truck, but it only takes one stupid dumbass to forget to look before he switches lanes and you're done for good. There's really no point in taking that kind of unnecessary life risk. You can get a low 13 second L67 for the price of a bike.

Bike. You have a DD car.

And posting pics of a wreck like THAT....while yes it's a good example, it's typically something that doesn't happen everyday or often at all.

Bike. You have a DD car.

And posting pics of a wreck like THAT....while yes it's a good example, it's typically something that doesn't happen everyday or often at all.

You must not have lived anywhere near where I have. I've lived and driven in LA for 4 years and Chicago for 2 years (and I'm 21 now) and during those 6 years I've personally witnessed 3 people fly off their bikes and crash into the center divider. One time I heard a bike flying past me at night and 200 yards ahead, I saw huge sparks fly out of the center divider. That's not including the 20+ body bags I've seen on the side of the highway next to completely trashed sport bikes.

Trust me, I've seen enough motorcycle-related deaths to know that those are one thing I will never ever take my chances with. They're probably more common in southern Cali since you can drive them year-round (which is why I probably saw more "accidents"), but that doesn't change the fact that you don't need it to happen more than once in a lifetime and its the end of you.

well alot of bike wrecks have to do with rider error or overconfidence and being stupid. that being said, if you are new to riding, supersport bikes are not for you. either the Kawa 500R or Suzuki GS500 are great beginner sport bikes.

as for the car, i say fix it up if its in good enough shape. if not, part it out or sell it. i personally would throw in a L36 and turbo it just to be different, but an L67 swap is very good too.

yea i agree with the guy above me, it has to do with the rider when it comes to rear ending trucks because your doing 100mph, or because you feel like doing a wheelie and you fuck it up, stunting is something im seriously not down with at all, and I know there is alot of bike accidents, but there is alot of car accidents, you see the websites filled with pictures of cars busted up, how do you think that happened ?

I belive the chances of getting killed on a bike versus a car is obviously much greater for a bike. But at the same time many people do drive bikes responsibly, and its just the risk you have to take as far as other drivers hitting you. Yea it really sucks because alot of dumb drivers in cars dont realize bikes everytime and just change lanes or blow through intersections or something like that, but at the same time if you got some common sense on a bike you can be surprised of how many accidents you can avoid, i havent driven a bike in the US much, but I have put 100 miles or so and I can tell you if you just look around and watch the drivers heads and you could predict what they are gonna do half the time and avoid getting into a tight spot. The good thing is the place i live , well one of the places is very country and open road and the traffic is nothing, the risk is at night with dear and I got caught in the dark last week driving the bike back home and all i did to avoid deer was just do 30mph, usually you can do 70-80 in your car and its pretty safe tho its definitely speeding, in the day time the chances of dear is very rare.

Anyways I know its like a love or hate thing as far as bikes go, you either hate them or love them, and i know some people who have seen people they knew and loved die on a bike or something like that are very against bikes and thats totally understandable. But what im asking is what your thoughts are on if its worth it, cuz my car is in good shape, just a bad motor, to upgrade the car with new engine and etc or just say screw it, sell it, and get the bike instead. But either way I do appreciate the feedback you've given me as far as the safety goes. Im just glad i have enough sense and experiance in me not to drop the bike or do foolish things trying to show off in public, because thats usually the best way to get screwed up real fast.

OH and for the car, yea L32 and turbo, would be so nice, but im taking into consideration mostly the budget and time i will have for this project. I would just want a stock L67 that is reliable and running in my car with all the gauges and heads up display working flawless, thats all i could wish for at this moment because im sure there is gonna be some other crap coming up with the car i mean its like these things are always broken. So im not trying to get fancy, because for me a 3.8 motor swap is damn fancy enough.

Yeah I hear ya. As I said before though; I simply think the risks outweigh the benefits of getting a bike. Even if you are out in the country, its simply a risk I wouldn't personally take. I see it as gambling with your life. It would be a great little toy just to use on little enjoyable drives through the country on summer days, but not as a commuter vehicle.

It's not as if accidents can be avoided, its that the increased chances of a fatal accident are simply unnecessary. Would the extra fun really be worth it?

I would personally have a lot more fun getting an L67 that I can work on and mod for the next few years than a bike that I really can't do much to.

I suppose I've said enough though.

Yea well i really appreciate your feedback and comments on this, helped look at it a bit different.

What im going to do is see my chances of getting a loan to do this to my car , because really if I dont then im gonna sell it because I cant stand seeing it sit like that it drives me soo crazy thinking about it just rotting away.

If I can not get approved for that then I will get the bike because im already approved for that and since the bike could be used for cateral or whatever you call it tis easier to get that than just a big check for what ever you feel like.

Well I'll see what happens but for now, I'll do what I said above and hopefully I can be happy either way.

those pics really don't have any place being directly posted in this thead....link them or something.....I really didn't need to scroll down and see them without some sort of heads up to what was coming

.....that being said, I would vote for a bike, if you get at least a 600....

yea the pics where a little rough.

I cant go for a 600, at least i dont want to, rather have a gs500 at least for a little while then a gsxer 600 or 750

IMG tags removed. Please put a gory pic warning and LINK those kinds of pics, please.

I'm half inclined to apologize, half because I realize some people didn't need to see that, and the other half simply because people don't mind seeing (and paying for) shit much more gory than this in movies like 300 every day yet they find it strangely offensive when its real. I don't regret posting those pictures directly because there's no other way I could have gotten that message across. It's on the same level as driving under the influence. Until you show people the direct consequences, they will never understand the severity.

those pics really don't have any place being directly posted in this thead....link them or something.....I really didn't need to scroll down and see them without some sort of heads up to what was coming

.....that being said, I would vote for a bike, if you get at least a 600....

"...that being said.?" as in "considering the fatal nature of motorcycle accidents, I'd get a bike." further stating that it should be at least 600cc as to make the bike heavier, less agile, and easier to reach high speeds with. Forgive me if I misread your post, and if I did I would hardly consider your choice of words appropriate.

If he does get a bike and get into an accident with it, I doubt he'll ever come back and warn everyone else to stay away from them.

you're right...................all motorcycle riders become "road paste" ......and fwiw: a 600cc in most cases would actually be a safer by to ride then a 500cc would. A 500cc bike for the most part is normally underpowered for safe highway riding/passing. I would venture to say that you have no first hand experience riding a bike either, although I could be incorrect on that :shrug:

you're right...................all motorcycle riders become "road paste" ......and fwiw: a 600cc in most cases would actually be a safer by to ride then a 500cc would. A 500cc bike for the most part is normally underpowered for safe highway riding/passing. I would venture to say that you have no first hand experience riding a bike either, although I could be incorrect on that :shrug:

My uncle stopped riding a motorcycle after he slipped on a patch of gravel and ran his Kawasaki Ninja into a lake.

I'd agree that a 600cc is safer than a 500cc though. I was merely referring to the big bikes (900cc-1300cc).

And for the record, you're right in thinking that I have no first hand experience riding a bike either, for the very reasons I've mentioned in this thread. I've been on one a few times, and that in itself was enough to run a few chills down my spine. There's way too much that can go wrong.

lol you guys

anyways listen Im going with the car because im just way to excited when i think about the car.. and i love the idea of getting bike but it isnt excting me like my car is, mostly because i bought my damn car and had it for a month before it craped out on me, but that month was the coolest month as far as cars i've had go. I had some sweet experiances on a bike but I just cannot let my car go to hell.

And btw the way, idk i think 600 is more dangerous, i went 125mph from 60mph in nearly no time at all, on a gs500 or 500r, they top out at that speed, so i dont think they would of gotten there that quickly tho i've never drove either. I can tell that bikes are rediculous because there is just way too much power to have in that zzr600, but if u handle it properly then its very good, its just when u feel the need to twist that throttle to 100% is when u get in more trouble then usual.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT THE BIKES AND HOW DANGEROUS THEY ARE lol we all get it now...

Lets talk about the car..

I predict the L67 (USED) to cost me 2000 bucks to 2500 bucks..

I want to get dhp powertuner program, custom harness from brian, custom axles (shorter ones so i can lower the car without major binding problems and stress and all that crap) and custom exhuast because im sure the stock exhaust wont cut it :P

So

engine

dhp power tuner

harness

axles

exhaust full all the way from engine to rear bumper

and then what ever else im going to need i'll figure that out too,

any thoughts and tips here are appreciated , i have the garage and tools and cherry picker and everything to do it, we swaped engines in other cars before and my bro has taken his 3.1's out of every w body regal he's had to do head gasket and engine rebuilds because they all blew up at 130k miles (wow same mileage as my gtp lol)

......and fwiw: a 600cc in most cases would actually be a safer by to ride then a 500cc would. A 500cc bike for the most part is normally underpowered for safe highway riding/passing.

ive never had a problem passing on the freeway on my 500. in fact its quite the opposite. granted i have to downshift to 4th to get in my powerband but that only takes a second. just do not get a ninja 250, you have to flog the hell out of those all the time.

back to the car. a few years back i was able to get a signature loan for $4k by myself(i have great credit). if you are younger or have little/no credit you will need a cosigner. BTW credit unions are the best for these kind of loans.

yea i got 0 credit because i never signed up for those assraping credit cards they send me in the mail and what ever cars i had i saved and just bought in full . But i do want credit and thats pretty much the reason i was aiming for a bike or fixing my car, just because i wanted to get some kind of loan, but yea i have a co signer with really good credit so i will be ok