Has anyone tried the W-bodystore downpipe?

Brian P

I was just gonna chop it and have it welded to my magnaflow cat.

I asked them if they're SURE it'll fit a 3100/3400. I also don't know if the location of the flexjoint will get in the way of the sway bar.

on my 3" downpipe, the flex joint is even lower and its not a problem. if they designed it right, and it looks like they did, it will perfectly replace your stock DP.

The other thing I asked them (thought I mentioned it earlier) the distance between the 2 mounting studs is different on a 3800 vs the 3400/3100. It's about 3/8" distance variation. So either they don't know this (it looks identical until you test fit it) or they elongated the holes. I hope it's the latter, because it does look good and the price is decent.

Brian, that page is actually wrong. Nonetheless, we do offer a catted pipe for the 3100/3400 vehicles. The price on this pipe is $179.99.

I had a feeling...Oh well. My local shop can make me one for about $80! Less if I supply the flange and flex.

Holy crap! $180 for a downpipe with cat?!!?!!

Doesn't seem like too bad of a price but I gotta see it first. I don't NEED a cat as far as I know.

Just kinda seems expensive to me. But, then again, downpipes generally sell for the $100 range, high flow cats are about $60, so another $20 to have it fitted and welded up. I guess that isn't too bad now that I think about it.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. If I get pics and it looks like it'll work, maybe I'll pick it up. My cat has about 35k on it but I was also running rich for a good portion of that :lol: