pac swi-alp programming problem

pwmin

i have a jvc kd-ar5500 that i am trying to use the pac swi-alp on. i followed the instructions

thoroughly and am pretty sure i have everything set up right, but i cant get it to go into

programming mode (i think thats what it is). i can set the version number correctly, but when i

go to program it, the light does not come on. the troubleshooter says check the red wire, but

its functioning as it says. i used this exact swi-alp with the exact same head unit in my 96

grand prix and it worked properly. it is in a 91 grand prix currently. any suggestions on what is

wrong?

no, it worked fine in my 96 w/ the same h/u and it says right in the box that it works for other brands, too. it controls units that have the wired transmitter instead of using the lame led thing like the swi-x

Ahh..... interesting. Do you happen to have the wiring diagram that you can post up? Have you opened up the little box to make sure no solders have busted?

i have a jvc kd-ar5500 that i am trying to use the pac swi-alp on. i followed the instructions

thoroughly and am pretty sure i have everything set up right, but i cant get it to go into

programming mode (i think thats what it is). i can set the version number correctly, but when i

go to program it, the light does not come on. the troubleshooter says check the red wire, but

its functioning as it says. i used this exact swi-alp with the exact same head unit in my 96

grand prix and it worked properly. it is in a 91 grand prix currently. any suggestions on what is

wrong?

I had this same problem with mine (although for a Pioneer) and it turned out I hooked the wrong wire on the PAC-SWI to the steering wheel control wire in the car. What year/car is this?

ya, ended up being the wrong wire. i called tech support and they said it had to be the problem and to look for a dark green wire, so i found one that didnt go to a speaker (actually wasnt hooked up to the a/m harnes :lol:), and it works now. i was worried i wouldnt work cuz some of the swc's werent working before, but i had cleaned up the contacts on the contract ring and the little box and they work fine. there were a couple different schematics on all-data and i had found the wrong one :redface: