Underhood Fusebox question

DiscoStudd

Okay here's the deal: When I had my 95 Regal, I would need to frequently tighten the nut on the AUX post terminal. I thought I solved the problem last fall when I slathered some threadlocker on the threads. It had not loosened up at all. Until last week, that is. I sold the car to a friend of mine, and told him to do as I had done before and tighten the nut every time he gasses up. Needless to say, I want to get this problem taken care of once and for all.

Now here's what I'd like to know: Does the wiring for the circuits on the fusebox go directly into the fusebox itself, or is there a harness or bulkhead connector that separates the wiring from the fusebox? I know this question is easily answered by me taking a trip to the boneyard armed with a pair of wire cutters, but I was wondering if anybody's ever replaced just the fusebox before and can give me a simple answer.

TIA...

The wiring go's directly to the fusebox, there is no connector.

Why not try a locking nut?

I've personally NEVER had trouble with the Auxilary post in all of the GM vehicles that I have owned. And, on all of the GM forums that I am on, it is only the W-body crow that ever seems to post issues with theirs.

Tried a lock washer under the nut, lock washer double nutted, lock washer, nut and lock nut (the "lock" part melted!) Didn't matter, the shit still came loose.

I never had the problem on the 2 other 1G's I've owned. I'm thinking about replacing the battery cables first before the fusebox, 'cause maybe there's a bit more resistance in the cable running to the post than there should be and it's causing the nut to heat up and loosen...

So you have tried double nutting it? Just to be clear I'm a little tired lol

Yep. Now that I think more about it, it's gotta be from the aluminum terminal on the end of the cable heating up at a faster rate than the steel nut/post. Even when I had it double nutted, the nut wasn't ever loose, just the cable.

It's new cable time...

the aluminum terminal on the end of the cable

On my 96 the battery cable end looks like copper or brass.

Still it’s a lousy design clamping copper down on plastic.

the aluminum terminal on the end of the cable

On my 96 the battery cable end looks like copper or brass.

Still it’s a lousy design clamping copper down on plastic.

Yeah that's right. It's got a sliver (or solder) coating on it, but wherever it's tore up you can see copper through it...