goals for the monte

RobertISaar

seeing how i'm just about to leave i'm going to outline my goals for the monte when i get back...

stage 1: getrag 282, OBD1 "upgrade",the goofy ass turbo i have sitting at home(+intercooler,BOV,Wastegate,etc.)

stage 2: beefed up 282, 3.4 DOHC, MegaSquirt, (undecided model/spec at this time) turbo, Limited Slip

stage 3: full frame and rollcage, (maybe)twin undecided model/spec turbos, LS1/LS2/LS6/LS7/LS? one of 'em, really beefy T56/TR6060 or whatever else comes along that'll handle it, of course a true posi and having someone widen the granny wheels so that a 250 tire in the back will work right and still have the sleeper look

stage 4: this ones kind of out there but you gotta have dreams: same setup as stage 3...except for the fact that everything in the front is also in the rear... just because i love the idea of an all wheel drive monster, haven't figured out how to shift two six gear trannies at the same time yet but if need be, i welcome the dual powerglides or TH-400s

i don't know how far i'll get but as long as i'm alive it'll happen as fast as i can get it done right.

as always feel free to comment and criticise as needed.

screw obd1 and megasquirt. obd2 and dhp or hpt is the way to go. not a very hard swap either and MUCH easier to tune. just pick a step from 2 to 4 and do it. if its completed and you want something else, buy another car. thats such a waste of money to do a 3.4 turbo and then get rid of it and do a rwd v8 swap.

• 5 months later...

screw obd1 and megasquirt. obd2 and dhp or hpt is the way to go. not a very hard swap either and MUCH easier to tune. just pick a step from 2 to 4 and do it. if its completed and you want something else' date=' buy another car. thats such a waste of money to do a 3.4 turbo and then get rid of it and do a rwd v8 swap.

[/quote']

who said anything about getting rid of the parts??? i've got plenty of projects sitting around that could use whatever motor i could put in it, so my hard work in one project just gives me knowledge about the next one.

screw obd1 and megasquirt. obd2 and dhp or hpt is the way to go. not a very hard swap either and MUCH easier to tune. just pick a step from 2 to 4 and do it. if its completed and you want something else' date=' buy another car. thats such a waste of money to do a 3.4 turbo and then get rid of it and do a rwd v8 swap.

[/quote']

who said anything about getting rid of the parts??? i've got plenty of projects sitting around that could use whatever motor i could put in it, so my hard work in one project just gives me knowledge about the next one.

you shouldve said that then :mrgreen: go for the gusto, then.