Automatic headlights

CanadianRegal

Just a question I wanted to throw out there. Is there anyway to get rid of the automatic head lights. Mine drive me crazy, they come on all the time. And I don't like the constant drain on the electrical system.

Just a question I wanted to throw out there. Is there anyway to get rid of the automatic head lights. Mine drive me crazy, they come on all the time. And I don't like the constant drain on the electrical system.

Clean the sensor out in the dash.

I think you might be able to pull a fuse to disable them as well. I know I had them in my Lumina too and they used to turn on all the time, and then sometimes they wouldn't turn on till it was really dark...it's a shitty system but pretty cool for on an older car. Try to pull the fuse first - if that doesn't work I think it is quite a lot of work to remove the stuff from the car.

I pulled the fuse on mine, but when you need them for the night, you gotta put the fuse in. I just dont drive in the dark anymore. haha.

Cant you just manually turn the lights on at night?

On soem cars you can shut the autolights off, for example my buddys 00 GMC truck you just hold the button in for like 10 sec.

Ive never had a car with autolights but my new TGP has the security lights which turn the headlights on when you shut the car off and leave em on for like 45 sec. I shut that off immediatly and it will stay shut off for as long as i own the car!

I can't disable the auto lights in the first gen Ws via a dash switch..it's not like the Twlight Sentintel thing in the newer cars..it's either on or off

I pulled the fuse on mine, but when you need them for the night, you gotta put the fuse in. I just dont drive in the dark anymore. haha.

Cant you just manually turn the lights on at night?

On soem cars you can shut the autolights off, for example my buddys 00 GMC truck you just hold the button in for like 10 sec.

Ive never had a car with autolights but my new TGP has the security lights which turn the headlights on when you shut the car off and leave em on for like 45 sec. I shut that off immediatly and it will stay shut off for as long as i own the car!

Not since the car was built for Canada. Evilette's 92 GP SE (Almost same to mine) Hers doesnt have daytime running lights, she just says her controls allow them to shut off. Mine dont do jack. But the main reason I pull the fuse is cause my high beams are stuck on. :frown:

Ha ha Jay :lol: I really dont want to screw with the fuses and what not too much. Had a bad experience with that. I was just hoping i could snip a wire or something.

I have thought about this too, and I was thinking that two wires going to the sensor could either be spliced permenently together, or cut and left appart...not sure which way would do the trick...but I would assume it to work.

Anyone want to be the guinny pig? lol

Well that fuse lets the lights run on low and high. I dont think it would cut the power. Its just a sensor when daytime they run low, and at night they kick in on high.