Turn signal giving me problems, need help

wickb55

i have a 96 cutlass, and the turn signal stalk is not returning to neutral position after i make a left hand turn. when i use the right turn single and complete the turn the stalk pops down and the turn signal goes off, but when i turn left i havta manually return the turn signal stalk to its normal or off position, it no longer snaps back automatically. any suggestions?

There are return springs, one of them has busted. not a major probelm, I think the HELP brand products have replacement cancel cam springs, but you have to be willing to dive into your steering column.

where's disco-studds write-up?

There are return springs, one of them has busted. not a major probelm, I think the HELP brand products have replacement cancel cam springs, but you have to be willing to dive into your steering column.

100% correct. I believe I paid $11 for the kit and only used the springs.

I do, in fact have a procedure typed up on how to replace the canceling springs in my TSS write-up. :wink: That link again:

http://tss.likeabigdog.com

junkyard?? same the $11 and just go to the yard rip a spring out front one of the other collums??

IMHO, it's too much work to grab up what could be a junky switch. I'll gladly give up $11 in order to save the hassle of running to the boneyard, lugging my tool box allllll the way around the yard searching for a proper donor, and spending another 15-20 minutes pulling the column apart...