hell_raiser

hay any one have the rust at the back under the back doors like where the control arms atach im in ns canada so plenty of salt from the water and winter also can you sand blast an under body with out taking all the crap off? the car has undercoating and it has no body rust its a shame to have this minor underbody rust i am the secound owner i had it sence 98 its a 95, i would say this is happens alot on these cars b/c my parts car has it too :willynilly: help

It's a bad spot common for rust like the areas in the wheel well where the tank neck goes as well. Salt wafts up into the area and settles in the seams. It's a tight spot and I can only assume that because slack ass coating of that area results in some nice little areas for rust to begin and eat through.

If that area where the trailing arm is that bad ... I can bet that the wheel well is 'crusty' as well.

Don't put off fixing that mount. If you shell out a few hundred on getting it repaired it's gonna save the car from being a write off if the arm breaks off and the wheel turns 90* and collapses under the far corner of the car.

I think it would require some force to get the tire to turn, real hard turns would probably get it to start bending eventually making a massive scene on a public road.

um i think everyone around upstate new york does. Mine rotted and cost me 600 to repair. It is the trailing arm mount

Not me!!! My car is rust FREE!!

You can sand blast the under side of it as long as theres no holes or anything. In other words if theres solid metal yes you can. But you can sand blast it to see where what areas need to be fixed. That and give you a good base to put in metal patches.