Need help w/ 94 Cut. Supr.--Remov. headlight harness on dash

Tempe

My girlfriend has a 1994 Cutlass Supreme. Some great person on a GM forum helped me with step-by-step instructions on taking everything apart. All is well except for the damned wiring harness for the headlight switch/interior light dimmer that is preventing me from removing the dash bezel.

Anyone have any suggestions on removing this harness? I even got the Crotchfield instructions for changing the stereo/speakers. There were no instructions for removing the harness, although it mentions it. There weren't even instructions for changing the door speakers, although I got some instructions in the previously mentioned post.

So could anyone simply tell me how to remove that wiring harness? THANKS!!!

Tempe

My car is a little older but I know that to remove most harnesses all you have to do is take out a little Red locker thingy and then use a screwdriver to push the (usually blue) end of the Tab down while you pull the harness out of the switch....does that make sense? I usually can't describe things logically.

I do not have any red on that harness, but there are two of those blue thingies that run the width of the harness. I'll try pushing them down when I work on the car tomorrow.

Thanks!!!

Tempe

sometimes the harness lock thing is white. Honestly, it was kinda simple to figure out once you looked at it. Just think whats holding it together and how. You pull out the lock if there is one (which i'm pretty sure my car had) and then push the tip of the tab down and slide it out! of course try not to pull too much on the wires themselves :wink: