Hole's

1BadPrix

I have a 94 GT Sedan. It had 3 antenna's mounted on the roof. I need to know how to patch it. I am going to get it painted but never done any body work and i dont want to pay a shop to patch these holes.

Plus it will be a learning experience for me. Any help is appreciated.

William

If you've never done this type of work before I personally think you should have it repired professionally and practice your skills on something smaller...it's hard to hide blemishes on a larger surface area like a roof. I've seen some very shitty attempts at fixing holes in trunklids from removal of spoliers, etc.

They are 3 holes about a nickel big. They car will be down for a long time for rewiring so i wont be able to take it anywhere for a while.

Bondo is the way to go?

William

They are 3 holes about a nickel big. They car will be down for a long time for rewiring so i wont be able to take it anywhere for a while.

Bondo is the way to go?

William

That, or some type of other body filler. I guess just make sure you sand it down really well so the repair won't be seen once painted.

If they are the size of a nickle I would steer clear of bondo. I would tack a small peice of sheet metal in there, just don't over heat the metal, it will warp. Just to tacks. Then grind it smooth and THEN use the body filler to clean it up.

I hate bondo... I'd rather use sheet metal.

Jamie

If they are the size of a nickle I would steer clear of bondo. I would tack a small peice of sheet metal in there, just don't over heat the metal, it will warp. Just to tacks. Then grind it smooth and THEN use the body filler to clean it up.

I hate bondo... I'd rather use sheet metal.

Jamie

They used to use lead to fill before bondo...much better but more time consuming too

Bondo is the easy way out and youi'll kick yourself later when it pops up or sinks down. Water loves bondo not the best spot for your roof. Find a friend with a welder get a piece of sheetmetal and practice for 2 hours, then weld up your roof and grind them down, clean it off and hit it with high build epoxy primer and THEN take it to a body shop it have it painted.

Bondo is the easy way out and youi'll kick yourself later when it pops up or sinks down. Water loves bondo not the best spot for your roof. Find a friend with a welder get a piece of sheetmetal and practice for 2 hours, then weld up your roof and grind them down, clean it off and hit it with high build epoxy primer and THEN take it to a body shop it have it painted.

:iamwithstupid:

Not another guy who posts his name after everytime he posts...

Robert

Hey, on some forums its actually in the rules that your name iether appears in your sig or at the end of every post you make. Its so that the board can keep their people friendly and on a first name basis, great idea if you ask me.

Jamie

Smooth

Thanks i didnt know that. Im just gonna take the beast in and have them do it. That way it will be done right and i wont have to worry about it.

Will