My car had a special day today.

Guest RedCutlassSL

A clay bar is a clay bar! You use a lube (its like a quik detail solution or almost carwash stuff, that comes with the bar).

Basicly, it picks embeded contaminates. When done correclty, it should make your car feel like glass. This gives a beter surface to apply wax too, making it look muuuchhh beter.

WalMart has some Really good ones. Go to the auto section, with the car cleaning stuff. There should be one called "Clay Magic". It should be the BLUE bar (red bar is VERY aggressive, and not really nesc. except for body shops).

I have one, and doing this soon. I visit another forum just for auto detailing. I have a long shopping list to get of some more stuff...and when I do the detail, ill let yall know

If anyone has any questions, please let me know, and ill be more than happy to help you out.

Dustin...BTW, how much lube did you use? The whole bottle? And what brand?

jon

I have some autobody?'s

Whats the best way to get rid of surface scratches most of them are only in the clear coat, but some of them went through the base coat also.

And on the 9c1 I just bought there are some marks where the badging used to be is there any way to get rid of them with out repainting. Thanks.

I got 4 new Yokohamas from Tire Rack for $240. Check them out unless you really just want the Coopers. Its gonna cost me $40 to mount and balance them, so $280 total.

Damn I need to get smaller wheels. My Toyo's run me $140 EACH. Only the best for my baby. :?

My wheels are 16". The tires I got are one of the best rated that Tire Rack has.

ok, with surface scratches, use a real polish. A polish is a slight abrasive, and will help. Then, for what doesnt come all the way off, you can then use a glaze to fill back in some of these.

Why dont you try Megs 3 Step Deep crystal system? Available most places. Then, use some really nice Microfibers or REal terry cloths to remove it. I used Megs 3 step, and after two coats of the polish, then the glaze. it was a amazing. I toped with the 3rd step one time. Another time, i used thir Gold Class wax. Also, clay before all the work to clean up nice. And...if there is any wax on the car, wash it with dawn first. Only wash it with dawn to remove wax, use a normal liquid all other times.

If they went to the base coat, you may need touch up.

On the badging, is it on the paint, or is their paint missing? If its missing, then you can maybe touch up.

now if its just like adhesive on the paint...many ways. One, is in the heat, take the GFs hair dryer, and just heat it up. Then, try to wipe off. Then, clay the area, and that should take most of the rest off.

Also, remember. alway clay, wash, and polish/glaze/polish in the shade. But with removeing that adhesive...put it in the sun and just get the area hot

jon

And on the 9c1 I just bought there are some marks where the badging used to be is there any way to get rid of them with out repainting. Thanks.