oil pan removal

leman

my oil pan gasket is leaking and i am in the middle of taking it off, so far i have disconcted the started and unbolted it, removed the fly wheel cover and the inspection plate, removed all the bolts holding the oil pan and now i am stuck. i see that on the passenger side of the motor theres a horse shoe looking type of braket there with three bolts on it, if i remove those bolts will it give me enough room to jack up the motor some and drop out the oil pan. if nessacary i will also remove the top motor mounts. ned so advice on this in a hurry, as my car is in the back of my building and i dont need the owners of the block to start screaming at me. :sad:. i am also going to change the crank shaft seal too while i am down there, front on that is. any advice on that too. thanks everyone.

That horse shoe peice you are talking about is the connection from the motor mount, to the motor. If you look under your car, where the bolts for that motor mount come thru, you should see 2 bolt. Take those 2 bolts off, and you can lift up the motor. I find that easier than trying those bolts on the horse shoe mount.