Rear windows

PJB

Is there a way to make the rear windows on my '97 Supreme go all the way down? Right now they stop 3/4 of the way down (some gay ass safety bullshit I suppose).

I know on 4 door Cavaliers theres a block of styrofoam that stops the window from going all the way down and if its removed they go down all the way (at work we swapped a door on a '00 from a '95 and the '95 window went down all the way so we had to put in the block so it was like the other side).

Is there something like this on my car? Id really like to have all 4 windows go all the way down if possible.

yeah.... there's like a fender, or something in the way... so the window can't go down all the way... look at the side of the door, it curves inwards way too far for the window to go all the way down

Yep, that's exactly it. The moveable part of the window rides along the track at the black bar by the fixed glass portion of the rear window. If you look at how that bar is angled, there is just no room for the glass because of how they cut into the door for the rear wheel well.

That's pretty much as low as it will go due to physical design. It could probably go lower had they made the glass ride along the front track instead.

If there weren't that black bar there dividing the rear windows, the window would only be able to go down 3" or so.