3.8L Fire issue finally recalled?

Stevo

http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls/67-int/2002/pontiac/grand-prix/gt/index.html

If I read this correct, this looks like the o-ring issue with the L36 based motor is finally being recognized.

Also.

I figure since I need a newer car that with the reduced available W's out there in Coupe form I am stretched between an MC and a GP and I was checking out 2 2002GP GT's today ... both exactly the same except for factory rim types and one was 18,000kms and $2000 less than the other for some reason.

Anything I should be looking for with service issues or problems?

negative... get a another CS!

Thats just it there are none. They are extinct in my area... time to move on unfortunately.

A sad fact that I must now accept.

Ain't that a load of BS. GM knows that even the earlier versions have problems, yet they only have the recall for the last model year, with less than 1000 units to replace.

Summary:

CERTAIN DELPHI FUEL PRESSURE REGULATORS, P/NOS. FP10020-11B1, FP10026-11B1, AND FP10027-11B1, SOLD AFTER JANUARY 9, 2007, AS AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT FOR VARIOUS PASSENGER VEHICLES LISTED ABOVE. THE UNIVERSAL PRESSURE REGULATORS (UPR) WERE PRODUCED WITHOUT AN O'RING AND RETAINER.

Does any one know what these after market fuel pressure regulators look like?

Car companies dont always put out a recall to the public. Most of the time they mail it to the owner... To say that GM finally realized it is BS. They knew about it for years.

But it's the government who forces that information out to the public. It's one thing to recall 300 vehicles on a part but another to recall 10,000 vehicles because a few of them had something that caused a serious death.

Lesson learned after the Pinto incident.

edit: You think a good case could be made for owners with o-ring issues with this as a basis for what CAN happen with o-ring failure. I found some interesting recall info online while searching for a new car. I should copy/paste it for owners here. Very beneficial especially for those who are having recall issues.