Went to the j/y today. 56K, beware!

kuwaitliberation

It's been awhile since I had been to one. I saw several things I wanted, but only got a shifter bezel from a CS. Here are some pics of the things I saw. I only went to one yard. There are about 30 in that area.

The first one is of a Grand Prix. Don't know the exact year, but there is a pic of the HUD unit and the DIS also. If anyone wants those, I can get them.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Next, I saw a red CS coupe. The thing I was looking at was the reverse bar, not a chip in it. I might have to go back and get that.

Then there was a black CS coupe as well. The black one had the 3.4 DOHC. The lip spoiler was gone and the LH taillight was broken, but the RH was good.

There was 2 teal CS. 2 white GPs. One tan CS. Seven or eight 1 and 1.5 gen lumina and MC.

Didn't get pictures of everything. If someone wants something, let me know what a fair price might be for some of this stuff. I am going to other j/ys sometime soon.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

It can be done. A member here put a GP HUD in a 1995 Sonoma and I know someone that put one in a 1983 Trans Am... It can be done.

IF any of the cutlasses have charchol interior, I need a good sunvisor...ie straps are still nice and tight.

would pay 15-20

Been outta the loop for a few days.

K. Sunvisor. I'll look, but what straps? Mine have mirrors on them.

[me=ManicMechanic]would like to find a set of red cloth buckets and a non fold down rear seat...[/me]

Get your ass up here and we'll go to the j/y's up here. There are 8 GM only within 6 miles of me. Add on another 5 miles and there is another 3 GM only.

Maybe in the fall Don. Well after my wife's surgery. Gotta get through that first.

Then the car will be getting plenty of attention. lol

It's already pretty well pissed off at me because of the Silhouette. If people say cars don't have personalities, they are dead wrong. lol

I'd have your babies if I could get the hood/fenders/bumper-brackets-cover/headlights of a post 92 CS Coupe.

Steve, I don't even want to comment on the whole baby thing.

All of the w-bodies that I saw in the j/y had minimum, if no body damage. They were all dead engines. I have my choice of colors. Teal, Black, Red, etc. Needless to say, in Texas there is no rust on these things. What I would like to know is, how the hell do I ship all that to Canada?

Did they have any 2000+ Bonneville's??

What do you need from them? Mike is gonna have to come up here and we'll go looking. There is so much stuff round here, I can't even begin to start.

I want a DIC!!

The guy wanted $80 for the DIS and HUD in that GP. I can probably get him to come down if I work with him enough. He hates me, so I am sure I can work with him a lot better. :lol:

What do you need from them? Mike is gonna have to come up here and we'll go looking. There is so much stuff round here, I can't even begin to start.

The charcoal shift plate(basically, it's the part where the shifter is, I need it if it is not scratched to hell).

Oh, and if you happen upon a Bonne with the rear taillamp that have the clear instead of the amber for the turnsignal, I'd take em.

Maybe in the fall Don. Well after my wife's surgery. Gotta get through that first.

Then the car will be getting plenty of attention. lol

It's already pretty well pissed off at me because of the Silhouette. If people say cars don't have personalities, they are dead wrong. lol

I agree. My car got pissed after I smashed it into the Neon, I could feel it. Or maybe that was just me shaking and screaming....

The charcoal shift plate(basically, it's the part where the shifter is, I need it if it is not scratched to hell).

Oh, and if you happen upon a Bonne with the rear taillamp that have the clear instead of the amber for the turnsignal, I'd take em.

Get me a pic of this (even if it is scratched so I know what to look for). I got a shifter bezel from there and it was spotless (well, dirty, but otherwise not a scratch!). I need to take a few weekdays off and get my truck wound up ready to go to the j/y. I bet I could spend about a grand just getting the parts that everyone wants. People are just amazed at the fact that there would be an entire car sitting in the j/y with the drivers seat worn to hell, 250,000 miles on the blown engine and not a scratch or spot of rust on it. People don't buy very many used cars around here. Mostly the illegals are the one's driving the old beaters. Everyone else trades in every few years and we get some fairly newer cars in the j/y because they put 25,000 miles a year on these.

IF any of the cutlasses have charchol interior, I need a good sunvisor...ie straps are still nice and tight.

would pay 15-20

Been outta the loop for a few days.

K. Sunvisor. I'll look, but what straps? Mine have mirrors on them.

Well aslong as they are in good shape! I believe the driver's visor has a strap and the passenger mirror.....guess I really only need a GOOD driver's side one.

At some point, I need to find a set of tan sunvisors from a '90s Regal with lighted vanity mirrors and the pull out extensions.

Well aslong as they are in good shape! I believe the driver's visor has a strap and the passenger mirror.....guess I really only need a GOOD driver's side one.

Well, again. Both of my sunvisors have mirrors. If I find one in good shape with a mirror, should I get it?

If anything, I sew, so I can recover the dang things! I have two sewing machines and use them for interiors. Mebbe I need to market this skill.

At some point, I need to find a set of tan sunvisors from a '90s Regal with lighted vanity mirrors and the pull out extensions.

Again, I can sew these up.

As far as straps go, that is just elastic. I can get this at any decent fabric store. The fabric itself, I can do in cloth, vinyl, naugahide or leather. Why didn't I think of this earlier?

Hmmm... The reason I have been away from my puter so much is because I have been sewing stuff to sell on eBay. I got bed sheets for 20 cents to a dollar per package and I can make just about anything out of those. I make replacement covers for the "snoogle" and they usually get anywhere from $15 - $25 each. I can make 4 out of king and queen sized sets.

Man, I can do a bunch of crap! I am going to have to go into business for myself all the way. Pull it, test it, fix it, sell it, ship it and I'll be rollin!!!!

Do eet man.

I know where there is a perfect set of visors in a tan Buick Regal, exactly what I want.

They want $75 for the pair, and I have pull them. What the FUCK?

Well, again. Both of my sunvisors have mirrors. If I find one in good shape with a mirror, should I get it?

If anything, I sew, so I can recover the dang things! I have two sewing machines and use them for interiors. Mebbe I need to market this skill.

Yes. Aslong as the driver's side is in good shape I'l take it! thanks!