Gas gauge

Spectrum

So my gas gauge doesn't work accurately. It used to work perfectly when I bought the car 5k miles ago, but now it shows me as having a half tank after I've driven 300 miles... Will getting a junkyard gauge cluster fix the gas gauge inaccuracy or is that another beast?

Welcome to the joy of owning a GM fuel gauge :willynilly:

Haha for real.

My Berettas gauge would go up or down as much as 1/4 of a tank depending on which direction the curve I was taking headed.

My girlfriend's 92 Grand Am went from full to empty in 2 seconds one day when she had to stop quick at an intersection. We both just kinda sat there staring until it inched back up to full where it was before.

mine says low fuel lol :mrgreen:

Wait, you've actually got a low fuel waning? I wish I had one!

Lumina's got fuck all for anything lol..I know how you feel. A far bet is when my gage in my Lumina stopped bouncing around and sat at empty that it was time to get fuel - I was always within 2 liters of running out that way.

My 94 CS would always run the first 250-300 miles or so and still be on 1/2, than the last 75-100 miles was the bottom half according to the guage :lol: I used to figure in 35 miles once my cherk guages light came on. I noticed in all W's I've driven (6 or so), 1st gens anyway, if you take a corner to the left IIRC, the guage would always drop way down, then slowly climb back up on the straightaway.

mine says low fuel lol :mrgreen:

Yeah my Grand Am does too. It dings and a little orange light next to the E lights up. Scares me everytime, cuz I'll be driving, hear a ding, and automatically assume the worst. You'd think I'd have gotten used to it by now.