Leaving a note of interest on a car

Stevo

Everyday I walk to the local office I pass by a parking lot to an apartment building with a 95 Cutlass Supreme Coupe in the parking lot. It's been sitting there for about 2 months in exactly the same position. I wrote down the VIN and gave it a quick over. The inspection stick was up in March and the rotors front and back tell me it's been sitting for a long time.

What would be the best way to contact the owner to inquire about buying the car. Since I don't give a shit that it works and want it JUST to gut it and use it as a base for a new build.

So I was thinking this.

Hello,

I walk by the parking lot every day and noticed your car sitting in the parking lot next to the Porsche and that it has not moved for several months. I am currently looking for an older used front wheel drive domestic project car and I was wondering if you were interested in selling this car seeing that it is no longer on the road. Even if the motor, transmission or brakes are non-functional I am interested in taking the vehicle off your hands in an 'as-is' basis if you are willing to part with it and/or cannot afford to fix it.

You can reach me by my cell phone ***-***** from 9am-9pm, Mon-Sat.

Thanks,

Steve

I had a guy put a note on my 88' when it was on the street for a couple of months and he wanted it for free and I frankly just laughed at him on the phone because at the time it ran still but required a new exaust downpipe and the gas tank had rust issues. Also what would be a good price for a 95' CS SL Sedan with 203000kms on it with no apparent body damage or rust 'as-is/non-functioning'? 500? 750? 1000?

at 0.94 = 1.00 ... no it isnt much in the difference at all.

I have been scouring eBay for deals as well. Hood, 2 Fenders and Bumper Covers are still over $1000 which is too much since I can get them for that price here.

Make the note smaller. You said too much in there, and might get the owner to want to charge you more for it.

Try:

Hello,

I walk by the parking lot every day and noticed your car sitting in the parking lot next to the Porsche and that it has not moved for several months. I am interested in buying the vehicle from you in an 'as-is' basis if you are willing to part with it and/or cannot afford to fix it. Even if the motor, transmission or brakes are non-functional, this is not an issue.

You can reach me by my cell phone ***-***** from 9am-9pm, Mon-Sat.

Thanks,

Steve

I would advise against leaving the note on the car itself. If it's sat that long, it'll be forever before they get close enough or pay enough attention to the car to see the note.

I typed up the note because nothing is worse than reading someone's attempt at handwriting. I put it in a plastic baggie and stapled to the outer lip of the bag a strip of safety orange tape and slid it under the leaf/treebud laden windshield wiper.

Note was gone Monday morning ... car remains...

Wish it was the other way around. :lol:

I'm still entertaining the idea of buying the 94' coupe but the body is a little on the shakey side.

Maybe they're thinking it over....or they're dumb and don't know how to read.

Is it in an apartment lot? I'm surprised their landlord or whatever hasn't given them hell about a car sitting that long.

Actually... the landlord was outside one day cutting weeds and I asked him about the car and he sternly said it's only there if it's registered to the owner.

It's not gonna be worth much if he just keeps it there.