New guy

Regal GS

Hello.

Welcome, the the W-Body.com forum! Spit on the cat, call Nigel a bastard...

nigel.gif: Hoy! Did ya want both your legs, boyo?

....heh....

anyway, if you have a question, generally, it's been asked in one form or another, so do a forum search.... if you can't find it there, then ask away, and most of the time, at least one person knows what to do :)

hope you enjoy yourself here

Thanks all... the car went 14.4's last year bone stock... but with 2.3 sec 60fts... (not that good)...

now i have a total of 130bux into perf mods...

70$ pulley 3.4" , $40 home made CAI, and a $6 180deg T-stat

so far crappy 14.5's@99mph... the mph is there for a nice 13.9...

but the 60ft's are not.. 2.6-2.7sec all wheelspin... needless to say im shopping around for sticky rubber... my factory machined rims are off the car getting a full polish :twisted: and im gonna run some nice rubber on them... here is a pic and a vid of some nasty no traction runs at the local track... enjoy

***VIDEO***http://www.boomspeed.com/turbocav/regalcayuga.mpg (Slow to load... right click and save to watch later:)

DruidB.jpg

aac.sized.jpg

aae.sized.jpg

Thanks all... the car went 14.4's last year bone stock... but with 2.3 sec 60fts... (not that good)...

now i have a total of 130bux into perf mods...

70$ pulley 3.4" , $40 home made CAI, and a $6 180deg T-stat

so far crappy 14.5's@99mph... the mph is there for a nice 13.9...

but the 60ft's are not.. 2.6-2.7sec all wheelspin... needless to say im shopping around for sticky rubber... my factory machined rims are off the car getting a full polish and im gonna run some nice rubber on them... here is a pic and a vid of some nasty no traction runs at the local track... enjoy

Those are definately good mods, definately a good start, colder plugs wouldn't hurt either but not necessary as your car obviously has power.

Yes the MPH are there for high 13's, but you have to remember, the better the 60 foot, the lower the MPH, so your MPH may go down with a better 60', but I still think the car has plenty of power for high 13's. The stock tires are also sticky enough, you just get in the gas too early or too fast or both. 2.0 60's are easily acheivable on the stock tires, and 1.9 60's can be had with some practice. I can tell you from the pictures you are getting too much weight transfer so all of the weight changes to the rear wheels and the front wheels have no weight on them anymore and spin. (notice in the picture where you are launching the rear tires are inside the wheel wells) What you need to do is go to an autoparts store and buy a couple packages of 2.5" Spring Blocks. Put them in the springs in the back, it will make it so the springs can't compress and the weight stays over the front wheels, then you should put some spring compressors in the front (also available at autoparts store) to pull the front springs down so more weight is over the front tires. (the front will raise up when you put the blocks in the rear) Raise rear tire pressure to 44psi, and lower front tire pressure to 24psi. Make sure your TCS is off, and I am not sure if regals have the fuse that you can pull, but I think they do, and if so, pull the TCS fuse as that will definately slow you down if you don't. Then you need to ease in to the gas a little slower and you should be well on your way to a 2.0 or 2.1 60 foot time, and a 13 second ET. Hope that helps.

i do have spring blocks now... and i feather the gas outa the hole... keep in mind that stock regal tires are not RS-A's.. they are just good year LS's

380 tread wear (very heat cycled 170 000kms on em)... and the car did hook well in that picture... that was when it was stock... 2.1sec 60ft... my best ever 60ft... 14.5 at 95.4 on that run

i do have spring blocks now... and i feather the gas outa the hole... keep in mind that stock regal tires are not RS-A's.. they are just good year LS's

You can get 60 foots just as good on LS's. How many spring blocks do you have? You need to dump a package or 2 (4 blocks in 1 package) in EACH side so you have like 12-16 total in the rear springs, and they need to be the 2.5" not the 1.25". You obviously don't have enough because you should make it so the springs can't move much at all, the rear tires are WAY to far in in the pic of you launching. Then you need to compress the front springs to get the weight over them because when you put the blocks in the back, the front will come up a little and you want to have the front lower than it is stock anyways so you pull it down with the compressors. Raising rear pressure and lowering front pressure is required, you have to do it or you aren't going to get a good launch. The more power you get the harder it is to launch, but you just have to get used to the car. Our GTP is making over 400 horsepower so it isn't easy to launch, but we can pull 1.9's (we haven't, but it is easy to do, we just always use slicks at the track) on the stock RSA's, and yes they are a little stickier than your LS's, but the car also has like 130-150 more horsepower than yours.