brought my tgp home!!! (pics)

stockgp

not a spot of rust that i can find. aside from the obvious surface rust on the subframe.

i have access to a better set of leather seats for her. i have a 282 and all the parts in the garage. all i will have to find is the body parts.

i seriously considered parting it for my turbo 3100 5 speed project. but there are no dents on the quarters and no rust. i couldn't bear to do it.

How many miles are on the car? What's the VIN #(PM if you don't want to post it here for some odd reason...I'm keeping a database of TGP Vin's)? That driver's seat bolster looks like it survived a shotgun blast. :lol: Time to start scouring junkyards hoping you can find a good front bumper cover.

102,000 miles. i'll post the vin tomorrow, too dark now.

incidentally, i flushed the old gas and put in some new and a good battery. fired up first try.

yeah, seats are folded. the rear ones aren't TOO terrible. actually, they aren't bad at all. the front seats and the headliner are the only problems inside. the hud even works.

as far as a bumper cover...i'm not holding my breath. i may end up slapping a 91-93 b4u bumper cover on it until i find one. i've never seen a tgp in a junk yard, so i'm not goin g to hold out for one

I said it befor, If I ever wreck my TGP, its getting a B4U mini quad setup. So much easier to work with than the TGP front end.

Not bad, the motor alone is probably worth $500. New fender, bumper and seats and you're 3/4 of the way home :) I didn't even know there was a turbo 3.1 (with such limited production it's no surprise)

Not bad, the motor alone is probably worth $500. New fender, bumper and seats and you're 3/4 of the way home :) I didn't even know there was a turbo 3.1 (with such limited production it's no surprise)

Yeap, welcome to the world of forced induction. Althou, there is that other member that has like 6 of them now... I had 2, sold 1, the person I sold my 1 to, now has 2. Neither are driveable (salvage title on one, no title on the other).