Question about seats and plate light (with pics!)

PCGUY112887

OK, 96 GP coupe, what seats are these and can I upgrade to anything sportier (don't really wanna go to leather because that wouldn't match).

Also... here is a pic of where my light for my plate should be. There is a wire up in there but I can not find an end on it, it seems to go to like an airbag sensor or something. I can't find anything that would plug into a light. Can anyone tell me what I am missing exactly?

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

There are sportier cloth seats that you can put in from any 1st gen w-body.

As far as the light is concerned, you may need to put on a new connector if it is just bare wire.

There are sportier cloth seats that you can put in from any 1st gen w-body.

As far as the light is concerned, you may need to put on a new connector if it is just bare wire.

So there are no "better" options that came stock aside from the LQ9's?

With the light, when I say nothing to connect to I mean NO wire, at all. There is a wire or something in a black tube but it just keeps going into the bumper or something, won't pull out, etc.

There is no wire at all. I mean there IS a wire, but it seems like it goes to something else. There is no harness hanging there for a light to plug into or anything.

Anymore info about the seats? I broke my driver seat by leaving my toolbox on it, so I'd like to find some sportier seats.

I like the LQ9's but I don't want all of the power stuff, plus I don't want leather because then I gotta convert everything else to leather.

Check the wire colors. I believe (someone please confirm) the colors are brown for positive and black for negative for the exterior running lights.

The wires are in a solid plastic wire harness thing, I can't see any of the actual wires or get to them. Nor can I find where each end goes.

The wires are in a solid plastic wire harness thing, I can't see any of the actual wires or get to them. Nor can I find where each end goes.

peek inside and look at the wire colors. That is the only way you will know what they are. Electrical tape will cover back up what ever you cut open. If it isn't brown and black wire, you are looking at something else.

I have a license plate light assembly off a 95 GP.

Send me a PM if you are in the US and interested.

No offense to Canadians but it is to expensive to ship up there.

If you're thinking AQ9, then no, these are not AQ9s.. THese are the mid grade between the AQ9 seats and your base ones..

..These are AQ9s, in leather. Notice the upgraded headrests and beefier bolsters:

2448604_8_full.jpg

I got those cloth seats from a 1989 Grand Prix SE coupe. You can also get this style from a Cutlass SUpreme, but be warned: THe Cutlass Supreme has slightly different stitching than the Grand Prix on the seat cushion and seat back. The shape is the same, jusr the stitching is different..

Cloth, yes. Non power, no.

THat's the whole point to these seats. They are like 16 way adjustable seats with lumbar support, all at the control and whim of your fingertips.

..Now, if you feel creative, you can buy a set of AQ9s, and pull all the power tracks and such off of it. Then take your manual tracks and attach them to your new AQ9s. You lose the adjustability of the AQ9s, however they would be manual.

..I think there were seats similar to the AQ9s which were available in cloth, and manual. Found in Early Cutlass Supreme Internationals and higher packaged non-internationals.

You need to make sure the other end of the tag lamp harness plug is in the bumper frame.

Slide head first under the rear bumper and look up.

To the left not far from the passenger side exhaust tip you will see large holes.

The mail plug that has the water tight rubber thing around it should be lying inside.