airbag light 94 cutty

rockfangd

hi as you all know i have the ub3 cluster in my 94 but i do have a light fo he airbag. What i do know is whn the key is turned on the light cycles 6 times then goes out which is normal. well the other day it came on while i was driving so i shut the car of and restarted it, it was fine. this afternoon i turned the car on and the light cycled 8 times and stayed on. shut the car off and it was fine So :question: i pulled the cluster to check everything and all was good. anyone know anything fo diagnosing this. honestly i really do not care for airbags because i always worry it will blow up in my face ,lol. What to do. Than :mrgreen:ks all

Id check for any loose connections, especially the plug that goes into the sensor at the front of the car, behind the front bumper, to the passengers side of the hood latch. If all the connections are good, then you might have to have it scanned to see what its telling you.

well i am concerned so tomorrow i will check all connections, can anyone tell me if the airbag may run periodic tests maybe every few months??? The only reasonable explanation i have is that about a few weeks ago i was backing into a spot with a crb behind me and my tow itch tapped the curb, but that was in the back, and i hit it doing not even 2 lol

lol i do know about that but some vehicles run a periodic system check every few months. i will have to look into this more. thanks for the fast responses