head unit wiring

RobertISaar

i took my old panasonic out of the dash a couple of minutes ago and i took a look at it and i see two sets of RCA plugs so i figure i'll keep it for a while and hook up an amp... i was put together by a redneck so i got wires and electrical tape everywhere. the only wire coming out of the connector that isn't used is a blue wire with no identification tag. my question is this: how do i find out which cable is the cable i use for the remote +12?

thats what i thought i was told but didn't want to fry anything... seems to be working: 12.4 volts when HU is turned on and drops to 0 when off. thanks, slick

Make sure it has a voltage coming out of it when you are using the cd player too...if you have the antenna feed, a lot of times it's only live when the radio/tuner is active...otherwise with cd player on it makes the antenna shut off, or in your case, the amp. Learned that the hard way with my silly Kenwood deck lol

i was put together by a redneck so i got wires and electrical tape everywhere.

O rly? :lol:

i accidently nicked my thumb when i was cutting plug wires and i guessed i missed a t in my typing