dB

bigdman

I have a slot ported box 3 cu. ft., 2 premier tsw3002spl 12's, an audiobahn a8002t and a 1.2 farad tsunami cap. I bought one of those cheap walmart / scosche spl meter just for fun and I hit 131.1 dB with this setup, the gain on the amp was at 1/2 and my pioneer hu was at -5 with eq low on -6. I'm sure this meter is far from accurate but just wondering if anyone else has tried this

Spend the money and have it tested on an termlab mic. Chances are on a termlab that dB rating will be even lower.

I tested mine on an AC-180 mic and hit 144.5. Im gonna have it tested again, this time with the component amp off and not at full tilt.....

I hit a 139.0 official on the termlab with a pair of ported eD 12Kx.22's off 600rms. Not bad for $75 drivers.

Now I am well over 140db. Can anyone else feel their eardrums move? :willynilly:

With my trunk vented I can keep a tissue airborn in the rear deck.

My next investment is my own termlab. I dont have one locally :cry:

I don't have a local audio shop either, biggest thing near me is walmart.. and jc whitney. I will look for a shop though I'm very curious to know an actual dB rating, I have 6 pioneer speakers running off a 600 wat 4 channel pioneer amp then my subs, not the loudest system out there but very clean and very loud. my next step is a bigger amp, my subs are rated at 1000 watts rms and I'm running them at 400 rms :frown:

I hit a 139.0 official on the termlab with a pair of ported eD 12Kx.22's off 600rms. Not bad for $75 drivers.

Now I am well over 140db. Can anyone else feel their eardrums move? :willynilly:

With my trunk vented I can keep a tissue airborn in the rear deck.

My next investment is my own termlab. I dont have one locally :cry:

Have you gotten an SPl reading yet?!?!?!?!!? :willynilly:

damnit!

We need to compare cause I need to get another reading done. Ive added more Dynamat, and have also changed a few settings on the amp since last. Im hoping for 145+ but well see what actually happens....

And you seen the 13Av.2?! Im thinking of buying two of those and another Nine.1!! 2400Wrms :twisted:

damnit!

We need to compare cause I need to get another reading done. Ive added more Dynamat, and have also changed a few settings on the amp since last. Im hoping for 145+ but well see what actually happens....

And you seen the 13Av.2?! Im thinking of buying two of those and another Nine.1!! 2400Wrms :twisted:

Yep, Dont like it.

why not?

( not like I will be getting it cause I love what I have, but still I can always kinda sort wish... :lol: )

Just dont like the looks of it.

The specs on it looked pretty good, but I dont like their new logo. They shoulda made it like their other subs, but Id still get it cause its looks like a good sub